Sunday Dinner

 We had such a fun Sunday dinner yesterday.  So much fun that I once again forgot to take pics.  But, I was able to pull some out of the archives to show you what I made.  I bought 3 chickens and cut them into pieces.  I now can cut a chicken into 9 pieces in under a minute. Dinner was crispy roasted chicken with mushroom sauce served over mashed potatoes.

 I made a winter slaw consisting of shredded Brussel sprouts, kale and radicchio with feta, candied pecans and a lemon/honey vinaigrette.  It was wonderful.

 I made pan roasted asparagus to go with the chicken.


 The day started out with snow, about the most we've had this Winter.  By noon it was sunny and warm and ended up hitting almost 60 by dinner time.  No Winter for us this year.


 These are the candied pecans I made.


 I made this cinnamon twist bread.



And I tried a new roll recipe.



Dessert was the hit of the day though.  I baked graham chocolate chip cookies and turned them into ice cream sandwiches with French vanilla ice cream.  I drizzled some rich chocolate ganache over them and then added a side of my homemade marshmallows which I toasted.

 
 They were a real mouthful but The Blog Tech managed to wolf his down. Everyone really enjoyed them.

Comments

I want that cinnamon twist bread.
Leanna said…
OMG! Everything looks so mouth-watering. That salad looks awesome. I'm making chicken pot pies tonight. I plan on making a few extra things because the weather will turn ugly clod in the next few days and I'll be worthless in the kitchen.
Can you share your recipe for candied pecans? Everything looks delicious.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
the pecans are so simple. i just throw some pecans in a cast iron skillet and sprinkle brown sugar over them. stir until the sugar melts and starts to bubble a bit. pour them out on a non stick cookie sheet or parchment paper. spread them and let them cool. perfect candied nuts!
Rain said…
Oh my gosh that dessert looks so amazing! What a hit! And you're right, if I had the ingredients, I'd love to make that salad!