Rigatoni Cake



 I held a big Italian dinner yesterday and this was one of the courses....rigatoni cake.


 These are so much fun to make and to eat.

 Boil the pasta for a few minutes less than it calls for, drain it and sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese.


 Place them in a springform pan.

 Season some ricotta with fresh herbs and add 1 cup of Parmesan and 2 eggs.


 Place the ricotta in a piping bag and fill with rigatoni half way full.

I missed a pic but ladle some sauce over the pasta, filling the tubes.  Sprinkle the top with grated provolone, mozzarella and fontina.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.

Un-mold the cake and cut it in wedges.  Serve it with additional sauce.  This was a very big hit with my guests.  I'll show more of the dinner tomorrow.

Comments

Mary said…
Wow, what an amazing presentation for a simple pasta dish!
Susan said…
What Debra said, and then some!
Leanna said…
Holy cow that looks so good! I have got to try this.
Gwen Buchanan said…
oh my gosh,, that is a work of art.. and experience...looks so delicious
.
That looks yummy :-) Must try it some time!

Have a great day!

Christer.
OMG! How can I get so excited about pasta? I want that.
Helen said…
You are so clever with food. :)
Guillaume said…
The kind of hearty food I love this time of year.
Teacats said…
Wow!!! Outstanding idea for an amazing Italian dinner party!!
Thanks for sharing!
Rain said…
That looks great! Lots of work filling the rigatonis!
Bee Haven Bev said…
Now that is one I definitely must try!!!