Quarantine day #51 Gardening

 This quarantine has worked for me in many ways.  I'm much more organized now and I'm a pretty organized person.  I now have the time to be superorganized!  And I've been gardening more than usual.  I am trying to get the gardens ready for the wedding.  Will the wedding happen?....this is the big question.  Personally, I don't think things will change much until we have a vaccine.  The virus will remain out there looking for hosts and until we get a vaccine, we really aren't safe.  We are prepared to delay the wedding if we must but I'm hoping we won't have to.  I am proceeding as if it will still happen in 5 months.  If not, I will have even more time to prepare for it.

 Some of you asked about my gnomes.....please meet Jibs, he loves overseeing the garden amongst the shrooms.  He's not so sure about that cat just behind him though.

 This is Tonk, he's Jib's best friend.  They have both been battling squirrels for me this Spring. The squirrels dig things up faster than I can plant.

 They are also guarding my geraniums as they leaf out.  The pups and I get a full report from the gnomes each morning as to what they observed during the night.  It's a jungle out there.

 Not much planted yet due to chilly nights.  I do have celery growing and some lettuce.  The beasty boxwoods are ready to be trimmed.  I dread this job every Spring. I have hundreds and hundreds of them.


My three bay trees wintered over in my garden room.  These trees are over seven feet tall. I have been filling The Toy Garden with lots of woodland plants and have planted almost 100 new ferns, lots of hostas, bloodroot, trilliums, bluebells, shooting stars, and jack in the pulpits.  My mayflowers have naturalized and are glorious.  I'll take some pics when the new stuff starts to grow.

Comments

Valerie said…
I'm woefully behind in my gardening this year. I NEED to plant everything this weekend! I love your gnome.
Kay said…
We have very little room for a garden at our house and what little we have is sadly not doing that great. You have such an awesome green thumb. I’m always amazed at what you show us. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the vaccine too.
Nice Gnomes!

Your garden looks beautiful as always! I do wonder how long it will take for this virus to stop holding its grip on us, I'm pretty sure You're right and that it will hang around until we have that vaccine.

Have a great day!

Christer.
DVArtist said…
This is the first year I have planted a garden and I am enjoying it so much. Your garden and entire yard are just beautiful. How nice to have Jibs and Tonk to look over it for you.
Too bad those gnomes couldn't trim the boxwoods for you!
Leanna said…
I read somewhere that if you plant potatoes that sprout eyes that you will have potatoes months later. I'm testing that out now. I took cuttings on my Japanese hydrangea yesterday. I'm getting bored and making plants. I wonder how much bail money I have in my bank account.
Leanne said…
Your garden is looking super and will be lovely for a wedding. As for a vaccine - very scary stuff how fast they are wanting to get one made. The Bill Gates push is rather terrifying but then he is about to make a lot of money!
Guillaume said…
I wish I had your garden and your gardening skills. Lovely pics, as usual. As I am being furloughed for May, I will have time to improve I guess.
chickpea678 said…
There is such *magic* in your garden! I loved meeting Tonk and Jibs—where do you find these wonderful names? You’ve motivated me to look up how to divide ferns.