Quarantine Day #56, Trimming the Boxwoods

 Yesterday was quarantine day #56 and boxwood trimming day #1.  This might take a week.  My helpers joined me as the sun was rising.  They are 2 shaggy dogs that really need a groomer.

 This is just one section of boxwoods before trimming started.  I have a battery-operated trimmer which had two batteries last year, however, this year only one could be located.....grrrrr.  Someone misplaced a battery and it wasn't me.

 I am trimming these back as much as I can without shocking them.  They've grown so much that they are hiding the stonework behind them.  I never should have let them grow as big as they are.

 The trimmer only lasts about 40 minutes and charging the battery takes hours so this will be a process.  I have plenty of cleanup and plenty of time to do it in between shearing sessions.

 It's a good thing that I had the idea to plant a bunch of perennials in planters last year because without being able to visit garden centers this Spring, it's perennials or flowers started from seed this season.

 Someone asked about my planters.  These are 50-gallon stock tanks that I bought at Tractor supply.  I poked holes in the bottom and filled them halfway up with old plastic pots turned upside down to create drainage and to fill space.  Then I covered them with fine mesh and added potting soil.  I top them with fresh soil each year.  I've used these as raised beds for years and they work perfectly.

I planted my tomatoes too early though.  Tonk was freezing his nibs off when I went out this morning.  It was 33 degrees.

Comments

I hope you find that other rechargeable battery! Bummer.
I really don't like to trim hedges so I admire You for trimming the box wood, especially since You have soo much of it :-)

I think the tomato plants might make it even though it was that cold in the morning just because they grow so close to the box wood, it is always a bit warmer that close to thick vegetation like that.

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
I said it before I think, but I love the garden gnome.
TARYTERRE said…
your boxwoods are looking good. i hate that about rechargable tools, they always conk out right when you need them most. good luck with your search for the other battery. love those pups. what a beautiful, wonderful bundle of fur.
Hall Cassetta said…

BEST WAY TO HAVE GOOD AMOUNT TO START A GOOD BUSINESS or TO START LIVING A GOOD LIFE….. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault with the use of ATM Programmed Card which runs in automatic mode. email (williamshackers@hotmail.com) for how to get it and its cost . ………. EXPLANATION OF HOW THESE CARD WORKS………. You just slot in these card into any ATM Machine and it will automatically bring up a MENU of 1st VAULT $1,000, 2nd VAULT $2,000, RE-PROGRAMMED, EXIT, CANCEL. Just click on either of the VAULTS, and it will take you to another SUB-MENU of ALL, OTHERS, EXIT, CANCEL. Just click on others and type in the amount you wish to withdraw from the ATM and you have it cashed instantly… Done. ***NOTE: DON’T EVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF CLICKING THE “ALL” OPTION. BECAUSE IT WILL TAKE OUT ALL THE AMOUNT OF THE SELECTED VAULT. email (williamshackers@hotmail.com) We are located in USA.