Quarantine Day #62 A Weird Mother's Day

This is the Mother's Day card my daughter sent to me.

 She made me a beautiful cake.


 The Blog Tech sent me this pretty flower arrangement.

 I thought it was so cool that Japanese Maple branches were used to make it.


 My daughter sent tulips.  It's weird to have Mother's Day and not get to see your kids.  I haven't seen them in over 60 days.

 Willie says.....but I'm one of your kids!  He follows me everywhere.

 We went to the lower gardens to check on the ferns we planted.  Here is an Ostrich fern unfurling.

 The W's know all of the secret paths in the woods.

 They always stop on the top steps to survey the landscape for bad kitties.




Winnie is hunched over peering through the foliage. As soon as they catch sight of anything moving, they take off like bats out of hell.

 Ferns are opening all over the gardens and throughout the woods.

 Sweet Woodruff is blooming around the Paper Bark Maples.

 I continue to plant woodland perennials.  I planted this hillside with ferns.

 Jack in the Pulpits are opening too.

I hung the 7 deadly sins throughout the woods.  They aren't very noticeable, you just sort of come across them here and there as you walk along the paths.

Comments

That's a cute card, under the circumstances!
Marcia said…
Lovely garden. You probably already know this about ostrich fern, they pop up where you least expect them. I planted some at our old house and they did like to spread but at such a distance from the first plant. They are my favorite fern despite that habit.
I love your garden. The Ws must love it too, with the possibility of seeing things to chase.
Leanna said…
That Mother's Day card is so cute.
I love your wooded gardens. They're so pretty.
Leanne said…
wow 60 days not seeing the youngins! that is rough - lockown gates have been opened wide here in NZ .......
i'll give it a few more weeks before i join in
Guillaume said…
Belated happy Mother's Day!
Oneoldgoat1962 said…
Photos of the W’s and your woods and garden always make me happy. Thank you for the smile today.
chickpea678 said…
Thanks for that refreshing walk in your woods! I love that Mother’s Day care and the tree leaves in the flower bouquet!