Tomato Pie

 The Blog Tech and his wife were invited to a breakfast at their friend's house on Sunday. He has a large porch which allows for social distancing so it was safe. I told them I would send some food.  I had some nice local tomatoes so I made them a tomato pie. I made a pate brisee crust and filled it with cheeses and pesto, fresh herbs, eggs, mayo, garlic, bacon and onions. It was a big hit with everyone.


I made them pickled eggs and beets and a jar of piedmont eggs.



I made a couple loaves of bread in case they wanted toast.



I also made biscuits....



To eat with strawberry jam.  It's strawberry season!  I don't know why but this year's strawberries are the tastiest ones I've had in years.  I am heading back to Amish country sometime this week to buy more.



I also made them a streusel-topped coffee cake just in case they didn't have enough. 


Comments

Mary said…
Really "send some food" to me that would be my whole party. I really need to move next door to you and become your new best friend. You are amazing! I am sure they were delighted.
OneOldGoat said…
Agree that this year's strawberries are the best tasting I've had in a very long time.
Man, what a feast! I've noticed that strawberries are extra tasty this year too. I just made another rhubarb-strawberry crisp yesterday. Delicious!
DVArtist said…
Where do you live again? I am on my way. You are such a wonderful cook.
Guillaume said…
You spoiled them! I want to try that coffee cake. I never liked coffee, but love coffee cake for some unknown reason.

My mum makes a yummy tomato pie, with some Dijon mustard in it (I think). We eat it as a starter generally.
You are such a great cook and so generous.
Valerie said…
What a feast! How can I get you to adopt me? ;-D
Angie said…
Any chance you might share the recipes for the tomato pie and coffee cake? :D They look delicious!! Your family are so lucky to have you! :D
lee said…
I echo Angie Please, please post the recipies for these. They look brilliant