Moving is a Lot of Work



 The move took place on Wednesday but the real work started on Thursday. Nothing was in the right place and I had a LOT of moving to do. When we redo this place in the Spring, I will be replacing a lot of lights and painting the walls a much lighter color.  These rooms are way too dark.

 The big black dresser that used to be The Blog Tech's was moved into this room.  That dollhouse is finding a new home soon.

 I placed a TV on it for now.


 My custom built daybeds are now in this room.  They have custom made, hand-stitched ticking mattresses.  They are comfortable and very unique. Click any pic for a closer look.

 I think I will look for some nice camp blankets to cover these.

 This room is not very big but arranged this way,  there is plenty of space.

 Ready for guests!


 These areas are really looking different.  I had to move the living room furniture from The Blog Tech's old house down here.  There is a lot more seating now and not as much open space.


 I bought the grain scale that I use as a coffee table in Toronto 38 years ago. This sofa has beaver blankets and beaver pillows I bought from a trapper in Canada.


 It's hard to arrange furniture around central fireplaces.

 I have old stained glass transoms behind the plantation shutters and I really don't like them.  I just designed new leaded glass ones that are being made and I'll show pics of them when they are installed.  I think they will be beautiful. My BFI (Big Fucking Indian) now graces this room.  I am so happy to have him back.  He's been in a basement for years.

 The chairs do not all match but they still work together pretty well.

 It will be nice to sit in these chairs around the fireplaces this winter.

And my giant dining room table that will remain empty this Thanksgiving. I don't think there will be a chance in hell that we will be seating 30 people elbow to elbow by the way things are going with the virus in this country.  So very sad. So, that's it for the move.  It was, by basic standards, an easy move.  Though for me, it was a ton of work.  I can't imagine how much more difficult it will be when we move from our present house.  Luckily, I won't have to worry about that any time soon.

Comments

Ooooooo, I can just imagine how luxurious those beaver cushions and blanket feel!
Mike said…
Where're all the boxes that haven't been emptied?
Colleen said…
Your Renfrew scales made me smile. I also have a set as a coffee table. Sadly though, with our last move, the room isn't large enough and I find people are treading cautiously around those handles, taking care not to be tripped up. I hate to give up the piece as my husband carefully refinished the top and a good friend sand blasted the metal parts so it looks lovely. The hard part of moving and down sizing makes decisions like this difficult.
Guillaume said…
Yes I hate moving because it is so much work. Lovely place, and maybe it is my dark personality, but I find the light in the place just perfect.
Valerie said…
Such a lovely space! RE: Thanksgiving--the table is large enough to have a smaller crowd with appropriate social distancing!
Unknown said…
Oh, my! A most lovely space that leaves me feeling calm and smiling, even from the pictures!
chickpea678 said…
What a spectacular space! I love the red flowered bed spreads! The guest room looks very welcoming, wink wink 😂!