Mixed Herb Compound Butter

 In this daunting Summer heat, my herbs are thriving.  There are lots of ways to preserve them for winter but this is my favorite. Going clockwise from the top left I used basil, summer savory, grated garlic, sage, oregano, parsley, rosemary and thyme.

 Mince them all.

 Then add some freshly cracked pepper and some flaked sea salt.

 I added all of this to 2 pounds of Amish roll butter but you can use any kind you like. Soften the butter before putting it in your mixer bowl.

 Then blend it until it's evenly mixed.

 I use an ice cream scoop and scoop it onto a wax paper-lined cookie sheet and freeze it.

When they are frozen, you just pop them in a ziplock bag and keep them in the freezer.  I use them in so many different ways. Before adding sauce to pasta, toss your hot pasta with one to add extra richness and flavor.  I make omelets using this in the pan rather than regular butter. I melt them to drizzle over popcorn.  I stir them into soups and stews, etc, etc, etc..




This was yesterday's harvest.  He was yummy.

Comments

Valerie said…
Oh, I am going to do this! BTW, made the sage butter pork chops--DELISH!
Guillaume said…
I wish I was a quarter of the chef you are.
Bee Haven Bev said…
great idea. Please let me know when the house next door is for sale. I want to be your neighbor!!