The Decorated Shed

Ducking out of the present state of things, I once again spent the morning in the lower garden decorating my new witch shack.  I placed two cement pumpkins and some toadstools on the porch.

Entering the witch shed.


I hung this glass sun over the door, I bought it many years ago in Bar Harbor, Maine.


I think a witch shack should be somewhat like a spellbook, full of things you love.


I shopped in my basement to fill up the shack.


I used my owl andirons and some wooden toadstools and vintage ceramic toads.



The red eyes are on a raven.


I lined the outside with old bowls and pots to keep the bad kitties from hiding underneath.  Shhh...don't tell the W's.


A copper and glass wind chime.  Click on any pic for a closer look.


Mushrooms and witches that I bought in the 90's in Salem.


An old tin that I found in a thrift store.  How I miss thrifting!


This snake box is also from Salem and I keep my incense and matches in it. It's actually black but with virtually no light in here, it's hard to get good picks. I'll add electricity soon.



This is one of the side walls.


I had this pentagram stool made for me in the early 90's. It has snakes wrapping up and around the legs.

 
My Daughter bought me this metal spider web attached to a broom last Xmas.


And she bought me this sign.


The Blog Tech bought me this heart tile. It's hard to see but it's an anatomical heart.


Two wooden ramps hang from the beam on the upper right. I miss my ramp festivals.


A cauldron incense burner and glass oil lamps.  I bought the oil lamps in Salem. There's a pattern here right?  Lots of Salem stuff.  I miss Salem too.


A metal spider crawling up the wall and a turkey tail broom someone made for me.


This is an antique iron witch damper pull.


This is the back of the shed.


A nicknack box with a candelabra on top.

So, this is the witch shack as it is now.  I spent a lot of time cleaning out my potting shed and fixing it up and I will show it to you soon. I hope you enjoyed the tour.

Comments

Mary V said…
Love it ,but I think you are missing a nice old broom out front. When we get to go out for thrifting that could be on " the list". My daughters and I do Brimfield each year, not 2020 so our list for 2021 (hopefully) is very long.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i added a broom last night!
Awesome! Oh, the spellwork that will be done in there!
Guillaume said…
Looks so lovely. More like a cottage than a shed.
bobbie said…
FUN!!!!! Oh, the spells you will cast!
Leanna said…
I love it! A Witches she shed. Too bad it's not wider, it would be so cool to have a love seat with tables and a little wood-burning stove for heat and making tea.
Oh it’s lovely
Funny my elder sister has just had one made somewhat similar xx
Leanne said…
totally loved the tour!! Sent your link to a friend in Scotland who is a carpenter and he enjoyed looking at the workmanship. He emailed saying
"October farm little quaint shed is WICKED, a lot of work has gone into that, love it Kentucky eh, some tradesman that guy"
That shed is charming, and yes, I meant it. You have quite a collection of items. I would like that shed for sitting. What are the dimensions?
jaz@octoberfarm said…
it's 11 X 8 with a 12 foot ceiling. but the shelves and beams take up some room.
Laura said…
very, very nice!

love, kisses & magical wishes...

~*~

ps...hugs to the pups!
Rain said…
Wow Joyce! When you put your mind to something, you get it done, bravo. This is a beautiful spot where I'd sit and light candles, meditate and read my Tarot cards. Lovely! :)
witchywino said…
I love it! I've been enjoying your blog for years! Thank you for sharing.