The Big Snowstorm 2020



This was the view from my front door at around 4:00 yesterday.

The back porch view.

The Willie.

My potting bench.

The back garden.

The W's were so excited.


This is where Willie hides when Winnie goes after him.  Look under the table. I think he thinks no one can see him.

Winnie likes to eat snow.

So does Willie.


Eventually, they turned into snow chows.




Like small children they would come in for a while to defrost. Then right back out to play again.  It was an in and out day.
 

This is the patio very early this morning.


We have a snow melt system for the driveway and patio.  You can see that the patio is mostly dry.


We got about a foot or more of snow.


We haven't had a snow like this in a very long time.


This is blurry because I took it in the dark but you can see that my arborvitae are bending over the driveway from the weight of this heavy snow. This section of the driveway didn't melt.  Time to call the repair guys to blow out the lines.


The downside of this storm is that we will have to get out there and knock the snow off of the trees.


The dry driveway in contrast to the snow topped planters.  I hope we get more this winter!
 


Comments

Marcia said…
Up here in New Hampshire we are going to be measuring the snow fall in feet! Our first in our new home. Thankfully it didn't come on Monday when the furniture arrived.
Mary V said…
Dogs love the snow, you open the front door and they run around like kids. Alas no more dogs, cats just look! Marcia good luck in new home . My Daughter lived 6 years in NH finally just came home to RI this year. They lived with view of Mt Washington from front door. Too much snow, NH got a foot they got 18'+ every time. So today we so far have 10 "....hahaha
I'm so glad the snow finally came to the right person :-) :-) I hope it stays for a while so the W's can enjoy it more :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
So gorgeous! And glad the Ws had such fun!
Guillaume said…
I envy you so much, you have no idea. Here it is cool, but rainy and wet.
Leanne said…
I bet you are thrilled... lets hope it snows for Christmas Day too just for you and the pups. Love Leanne
Leanna said…
I am so jealous of your snowfall. I would have so much fun playing in it like a little kid.
The puppies look like they had a wonderful time. Little kids in fuzzy onesies.
Rain said…
Happy for you and the W's!!! I love the snow chows! Lol...that was so funny to see! :)
Mike said…
Our dog loves the snow too. It's hard to get her to come in.
1st Man said…
Beautiful. And friggin adorable.
Valerie said…
I love seeing snow I don't have to shovel :-). Do the Ws get snowballs on their fur?
Laura said…
ohhhh...gorgeous!! i want snow!!!!

love, kisses & magical wishes!
~*~

ps...hugs to the pups!