Spiral Cheese Bread

If you like cheese and bread, and who doesn't, try this recipe.
 
 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 T  rapid rise yeast
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup warm water 
 3 large eggs 
 4 T unsalted butter, melted
 12 oz.  cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, at room temperature (use what you like)

Make the dough, let it rise, and roll it out into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Brush it with butter.


Cube the cheese into small blocks and sprinkle them over the dough.  I used cheddar, havarti, mozzarella and parmesan. Use what you like.


Sprinkle some seasoning over the top.  I used garlic salt and urfa pepper.  Once again, use whatever you are in the mood for.


Roll the dough tightly from the long edge and then curl it into a spiral and place it in a greased cast iron skillet of a round 9" cake pan. Cover it and let it rise until it almost fills the pan...about 1 hour.


Bake it in a 350 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes.  Cover it with a piece of foil and continue to cook until the internal temperature reached 190 degrees, about 25 more minutes.


Remove it to a rack and let it cool.


I always place a towel under my cooling bread to absorb the condensation.




 This is a rich brioche bread dotted with cheese.  It is great served with pasta or a salad and even better toasted and buttered.

Comments

The spiral shape is so attractive!
Lori said…
That looks amazing. I will have to try it.
Bee Haven Bev said…
That looks delicious!!
Guillaume said…
I'd love to have that for lunch.
I'll try it next time I bake, I always have cheese in my bread but usually add it with the rest of the ingredients.

Have a great day!

Christer.
Unknown said…
Oh man that looks so good. I love, love, love anything with cheese!