Working in the Garden

Willie gets some butt scratches from his favorite girl.  He always accompanies me in the garden and he loves it when My Daughter stops by.

He also loves to lay in the shade by the espaliered apple trees.  


 

I planted about 75 more dianthus on this hillside. By next spring it should be covered in blooms.

I hung a copper rain chain from the potting shed.  It has little umbrellas on it which I think are so cute.


These mushrooms have been popping up everywhere, I wish I knew which kind they are.


Things are starting to fill in.  You can hardly see the gazebo up on the hill.


My Mayflowers are blooming.


Each plant has just one flower but they are so pretty.


And look at this!  I came across an old photo of my mother and she had a chow chow.  I never knew this before.  Isn't it amazing that we both had/have chows.  They aren't exacting a common bread, then or now.



 

Comments

Valerie said…
Your gardens are so lovely. We are planning a Japanese-style garden, with a pool for our ducks. So much fun to play in the dirt! Smooches to the Ws
Chow chows are in your DNA!
Leanna said…
I just love your gardens. It's amazing what you can find out when you check the family tree. I'm with Debra, Your DNA is ripe with chow chows.
Guillaume said…
I know I said it before, but I wished I had your gardening skills.
Mary V said…
Lovely photo of your Mother, now you know why you love Chows😸
Teacats said…
Gorgeous photo of your Mum -- and yes!! another vote for the love of chows in your DNA!!

Wonderful gardens! And the mushrooms popping up means The Fae have been visiting! Time to dance in the gardens!

Cheers -- and Very Happy Mum's Day to All!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage
Unknown said…
Ah I love that pic of your mom and her cute little chow chow. He's looking straight into the camera.