I'm So Excited

It's that time of the year again.  Countdown to Fall has begun!  Summer solstice has passed so the days are getting shorter and the dark starts to return.  I hate the horrible hot and humid weather we are having but I can see the changes in my plants and I know that glorious Autumn is just on the other side of the summer hill.

One of the first things I do is bring out my vintage amber glass silos and fill them with candy corn.  


Each morning, I walk into my kitchen and see them and they make me smile.  And I get excited thinking about the coming Fall.


Comments

Valerie said…
Here in SC, we are still in the throes of summer. But I love that fall is on the horizon.
I love that Pointer Sisters song so I enjoyed that video!
Guillaume said…
Yes, I am already longing for autumn.
Unknown said…
Yes, as soon as summer solstice has passed I can begin my countdown to glorious fall. The days are getting shorter (although you can't tell just yet) but I know they are so that makes me happy. Where we live we've been in a two week heat wave but for the next week it will be in the high 70's with lots of rain, so it will feel a little Fall-ish here. Gonna enjoy that. Looking at your amber glass silos filled with candy corn made me smile :-).
Rain said…
Oh that video was so much fun!!! I LOVE Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Rita Moreno!!! You CANNOT NOT have a smile on your face watching that video and even dancing! A great way to bring instant happiness! I love that there was a little Bob Hope and James Cagney in there too!

I know how you can't wait for Fall, but I'm still hanging on to every bit of summer that I can!!