A Wonderful World


 A grandson of slaves, an infant boy born in a poor neighborhood of New Orleans known as the "Back of Town” was abandoned by his father. His mother became a prostitute and the boy and his sister had to live with their grandmother.

Early in life he proved to be gifted with music. He and three other kids sang in the streets of New Orleans. His first gains were coins that were thrown to them.

The Karnofsky family, immigrating from Lithuania to the USA, had compassion for this 7-year-old boy and brought him into their home. Initially, to feed this hungry child, they gave him work to do around the house. There he remained and slept in this Jewish family's home where he was treated with kindness and tenderness.

When he went to bed, Mrs. Karnofsky sang him a Russian lullaby that he would sing with her. Later, he learned to sing and play several Russian and Jewish songs. Over time, this boy became like an adopted son of this family.

The Karnofskys gave him money to buy his first musical instrument, as was the custom in Jewish families. They sincerely admired his musical talent. Later, when he became a professional musician and composer, he used Jewish melodies in some of his compositions.

That little boy grew up and became famous. You might recognize his name: Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Louis Armstrong proudly spoke fluent Yiddish and wore a Star of David the rest of his life. He said the Karnofskys taught him “how to live real life with determination.”

What a Wonderful World.

Comments

Marcia LaRue said…
What a wonderful story!! Thank you!!!
A beautiful story we can all learn from!
Mary V said…
What a lovely story, the kindness of those who probably were just getting by themselves is amazing.
bobbie said…
I never knew!!i Thanks for sharing the wonder-full story ~
Leanna said…
It's amazing what can happen when people open their hearts to those less fortunate. Wonderful story.
I did not know that, but Satchmo is a favorite of mine. I will have to read more about this.
I didn't know this! How interesting! Now I need to read more about him!

Thanks!

Christer.
Mike said…
Great information about Louie.
Guillaume said…
I didn't know that. Wow.
Kay said…
It's so wonderful to know that there are such good people in this world.
Unknown said…
How many families back in those days would take a black child under their wing? But they did and surely made God very happy. He remembers every kind thing we do.
Davies Tienesha said…
My mother was diagnosed with ALS in May 2016. Her doctor put her on riluzole, letting her know there was no cure but the medication might provide her a few more months of delayed symptoms. ALS progresses at different rates and affects different body parts first. My mother, being 73 at the time, fell into a category of what they call "fast progression" (older female). Her arms weakened first, then her hands, her mouth, and throat, and finally her lungs. Throughout her two-and-a-half-year ordeal, she was able to walk with assistance nothing was really working to help her condition.I took her off the riluzole (with the doctor’s knowledge) and started her on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis herbal formula i ordered from Health Herbal Clinic, her symptoms totally declined over a 5 weeks use of the ALS disease natural herbal formula. She's now almost 75 and doing very well, the disease is totally reversed!! Contact Dr. via : Drayabaoloyeerelu@gmail.com https://drayabasolutioncentre.webs.com/
helen said…
I purchased herpes herbal medicine and received it within 7 days and used it as prescribed, I tested negative within 3 weeks use, do not loose hope to contact him early If you need help meet him on his email address drubarlohome@gmail.com or Whatsapp number +2348119508814

❤️πŸŒΏπŸŒΏπŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸ’“πŸ’“♦️♦️
Steven J Morris said…
I am from USA. I was suffering from HEPATITIS B for over 3 years, i was hopeless until one of my friend directed me to a herbal DR. Dr Chike on youtube, she said the Dr has herbal medicine that treat HEPATITIS B also said the Dr has helped people with. HERPES, CANCER, DIABETES, HPV, HERPES, HSV 1 .2, Fever, Fibromyalgia, Fatigue and chronic pains. At first I never believed her but after a lot of talk. I decided to contact him, just few days ago i contacted him and he told me what to do which i did and he sent to me a herbal medicine via {DHL} with prescriptions on how i will take it for a period of days. After i finished taking the medicine for 2 weeks he told me to go for a test which i also did and when the result came out i was surprised to see that i am negative. I am proud to tell you that I am the happiest person on earth. Big thanks to Dr Chike herbs .. I pray you find a solution in him. For more information on how to get treated Contact Dr on, text/call via: +1 (719) 629 0982 WhatsApp . +233502715551, or Facebook page, @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.
neise charles said…
A VERY SHORT STORY HOW I GOT CURED FROM HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV2)
Herpes simplex virus is said to have no cure, just as i was told by my family doctor that herpes can not be cured but can be controlled, Although i was a very stubborn person i never believed in what my doctor told me about herpes having no cure Am a very honest person who believe in nature and i also believed that there could be cure somewhere in the world, I kept my faith so strong and kept on doing my research till i finally came across Dr. Aza Blessed from west Africa He is one of the oldest herbalist after Dr. Sebi and total am a living testimony to his herbal cure to herpes, i became herpes Negative on the 17/05/2021 after using the herbal medication DR. Aza BLESSED mailed to me along with the prescriptions and today its been 2 years and herpes is not traceable in my body system, All thanks To Dr. Aza BLESSED For More Info on how to get cured Contact DR . Aza now on EMAIL : (drazaherbalcenter@gmail.com ) Or CALL/WHATS APP (+1(315) 795 1518 ) or his website:www.drazaherbalcenter.com ..