The Best Laid Plans


 Well, the best laid plans and all of that.  I had just made a beautiful salad and was about to cook the pasta when I got a call from My Daughter.  She had a dental procedure earlier in the day and her novocaine had just worn off and she was in excruciating pain.  I quickly deduced that they had nicked her nerve when they gave her the injection and that is very painful.  So, dinner was canceled for she and her husband.  I did make dinner for my neighbors so I sent that over to them.  I promised to send some to my daughter when she feels better so I didn't want to cook the homemade noodles just for us.  I used regular store bought and made my husband a bowl of bolognese.  I mixed ricotta with grated Parmesan and Provolone and added S&P, fresh basil and parsley and garlic.  I layered it with the pasta and topped it with the sauce.  This is the only pic I remembered to take. My husband ate the salad first and was only able to eat a few bites of the pasta.  So goes life!  The neighbors loved their dinner and said it was the best pasta they ever ate.  Haha, at least it wasn't a total waste.

Comments

Isn't that a shame! I hope your daughter feels better today.
I feel so sorry for her! I do hope the pain pass quickly!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
I hope she gets better soon. Gosh that pasta dish looks yummy!
Unknown said…
Bummer about your daughter's pain. I hope she feels better soon so that she can enjoy those homemade noodles. But at least it wasn't a total waste and the neighbors enjoyed their dinner. Lucky neighbors.
Susan said…
Your sauce must have been fantastic. I know everybody makes mistakes but hitting a nerve seems one of the worse to be made.
Rain said…
That's too bad...the dinner that never was...the dish still looks amazing though!