Rain and Cookies

It rained and rained and rained all day long yesterday.  I live on the top of a mountain and all of my property was flooded. Winnie hid behind a porch chair when it was time to go walking.  Chow chows sure don't like getting their feet wet.  And yes, I know all about puppy boots but chow chows hate them more than rain.


The W's were so unhappy that rain was dripping on their porch.


My Daughter put a towel down for them to lay on but Willie only curled his paws up on it.  Look how he tucked his paws up so they wouldn't get wet.


My Daughter also surprised me with Mother's Day cookies!


I think they are the prettiest cookies I've ever seen.


In all of my years of cookie baking, I have never had the patience to decorate them like this. She is the zen cookie baker.
 

Comments

Megs said…
What beautiful cookies! And the Ws are so sweet! Love Willie’s paw curl!
OMG those cookies are gorgeous little works of art! Your daughter is so talented!
Mary V said…
Those cookies are works of art. Your daughter is so creative. Funny dogs, I have a cat that hates water…if she is underfoot in the kitchen just toss a single drop of water on her and she runs like it is HCL!
Susan said…
Your Mother's Day cookies are very beautiful! Each cookie is a delicate bouquet of flowers very lovingly made. The W's disappointment in the rain is very clearly made. My Bernese Mountain Dog also dislikes the rain; he checks each door (front, back, side) to see if the rain is gone. Got to love these fur babies.
bobbie said…
Those cookies are amazing!! Poor babies ~
Guillaume said…
They almost look like cupcakes! I love rainy days, as long as I don't have to go out.
Marcia LaRue said…
Those cookies look a lot like the bouquet my son and d-in-l had delivered to me today! So pretty!
Those pups are such pampered pooches! LOL
DrumMajor said…
I didn't know chows disliked wet feet. But they like the snow. Took my Golden Retriever to a suburban lake with a dog park as part of the shoreline for dogs to swim in the lake. We saw some dogs running and "side-swiping" some poodle-type dogs cuz those dainty ones wouldn't go in the lake. Probably not a good idea for the Ws. They ARE so cute and fluffy. Linda in Kansas
DVArtist said…
Just two cuties and those cookies are amazing.