The Good Old Days


 

Comments

Mary V said…
I remember all these things fondly. A friend and I would sing Connie Francis songs to our parents sitting on the front steps on a warm summer night. Best times.
Susan said…
Simpler times were healthier times for all. Fond memories.
Leanna said…
Only our generation knows how wonderful a childhood we had. I also think we were the healthiest and safest children in our generation.
Guillaume said…
I am an eternal nostalgic. A great portion of the time I spend over the internet is looking for stuff from my childhood.
No sprinkler, no street lights, no swing set, no ice creams trucks.
We had a swing in a tree, ten acres, pecan trees, plum trees, Frank Sinatra. We did have fire flies, fire ants! and butterflies, fields full of whippoor wills, and a garden of good food, hopes of getting half of a six ounce bottled coke. In Jackson, MS the heat was brutal. The fun was endless.
DrumMajor said…
I remember those things. And we used to play outside in Oklahoma until it was 103 degrees. My mom said they would remove cicada shells from the tree trunks and make necklaces in the 1930s. I would play with June bugs. Linda in Kansas
Herbalgirl said…
My childhood too. We were out of the house until dinner time. Usually on our bikes, inventing games, riding on dirt roads. I try not to look at it through simple, rose-coloured glasses. It was also boring at times. But real, somehow.
Herbal Girl,
It was boring at times. But, we ccould entertain ourselves by spending the long afternoon peeling the melted asphalt off our feet.