A Little Celebration

We had a small party for my husband's birthday this past weekend.  My Daughter and I chose a picnic theme and made sandwiches and antipasto salads.
 

She made this goat cheese and marinated and grilled vegetable sandwich with arugula and roasted peppers.  It was fabulous.


The Chef made us an old fashioned pasta and veggie salad.  This was gone in no time at all.


I made my husband his favorite homemade baked beans.


I also made Pan Bagnat, french tuna salad sandwiches.


The salads were served with classic Italian dressing that I made with red wine.


We cut all of the sandwiches into individual servings.


This was an Italian melt sandwich.



We held it at the guest house which is so much better for parties like this.  I split the huge table in half, one for sitting and one for serving.


After everyone was done with dinner, I made banana splits with homemade chocolate fudge sauce, caramel sauce and strawberry sauce.  All were topped with freshly whipped cream.  It was a fun day.
 

Comments

What a magnificent birthday feast! Happy Bday to your hubz.
Marcia LaRue said…
Your food pictures 🤤 always get me to drooling!
How could your hubby NOT have a great birthday when he gets to dine like a king?👑
Karen said…
It all looks wonderful! Miss your recipe postings. Would your son please post the pasta salad ingredients and dressing? Need something different! Thank you!
Guillaume said…
I wish we made birthday celebrations like this, we wouldn't need to go to a restaurant. Everything looks so yummy.
1st Man said…
How wonderful. And I haven't had baked beans in ages, I LOVE those. It all looks so good. And I adore that jukebox in the corner!! :-)

Happy birthday to Hubby!
Unknown said…
The menu was simple but looked amazing and I know it was delicious. Your guest house is absolutely beautiful. Happy belated birthday and many more to your husband. My husband is also a fan of banana splits.
Megs said…
Sounds and looks like a great gathering! Everything looks so good and I love the way you served them!
Marcia said…
All looks delicious but how did you eat all of that? How many sandwiches were there to choose from? 3 or 4?
Susan said…
A feast fit for a King! AKA: The B-day boy! Everything looks terrific.