4th of July Food

We had a small 4th of July party this past week.  


I made old fashioned French onion dip with some veggies and chips.  My kids liked it so much that I had to make more of it for them the next day.


I made Ina Garten's blue cheese coleslaw. I wasn't thrilled with it but everyone else loved it.


The Blog Tech requested Frogmore stew (southern boil).


It was wonderful.  It consists of shrimp, corn on the cob, red potatoes and kielbasa with lots of seasoning.


I made homemade cocktail sauce for the shrimp.


We also had a big Italian salad with wonderful Italian dressing that I have been working on perfecting.  Once I get it to where I want it, I will share the recipe.


My daughter made a chocolate peanut butter cream pie with a chocolate crust.  My DIL loves cream pies and she was thrilled with this and took the leftovers home.



 I made an assortments of 5 different cookies for the non-pie eaters.  The W's just love a good party! The 4th is over!  Countdown to Fall has officially begun.








Comments

Everything looks delicious! And you can't beat good old-fashioned onion dip. LOL!
Guillaume said…
Looking delicious, as always.
Unknown said…
What a coincidence, we had french onion dip too, but ours was store bought. LOL That chocolate peanut butter cream pie has my name all over it. YuM!! Yes, the 4th of July is over (thank god) let the countdown to Fall begin.
It all looks delicious. I do NOT like bleu cheese coleslaw. But, I love bleu cheese on party rye. And, I like bleu cheese salad dressing. I even like eating just the cheese.

So, you have party dogs.
Megs said…
That all looks great, and that salad!
I’m looking forward to the fall, too!