Ramp Butter

Another year's worth of ramp butter has been made and is in the freezer.


It's like money in the bank!  So many good things will be made using this butter.


To make it, I soften 6 pounds of good butter.


It takes two large bowls to do this.


Then, I chop up a pound of ramps per every 3 pounds of butter.


I add about 1 tsp. of sea salt and some freshly cracked pepper.  The amount of both are up to you.


Mix in the chopped ramps until thoroughly combines.  It's a good idea to spread some on a cracker to check the seasoning.


Using a 2 Tablespoon cookie scoop, I line up 4 scoops along a piece of plastic wrap.


As I roll this, I push out any gaps in the butter to make a solid log.


This is a third of what I eventually made.  I place these rolls in a gallon ziplock bag and place them in the freezer.  They keep perfectly for a year.  I am down to my last few from last April and they taste like I just made them.



 I also made some ramp cream cheese for bagels!  Ramps, Ramps, Ramps.  They smelled so strong that My Daughter could smell them on the sidewalk in front of the house.

Comments

You're a one-person production line!
Jan said…
That sounds so yummy.
Megs said…
So yummy! Everyone knows when you’re processing ramps, right? But they are so good.