Willie

Willie saw the surgeon yesterday and as I expected, his ACL is torn.  I had a choice between scheduling surgery for this morning or next Wednesday.  I chose next week because I need a breather and I have a lot to do before we go into lock down for another 2 months.  He was so traumatized by the whole procedure that I didn't want to take him back there again today. They took blood, did X-rays and had an ophthalmologist check his eyes.  They will do a small procedure on his eyes while he is under anesthesia. 

I just put my entire first floor back together after Winnie's 2 month checkup.  I had turned it into a recovery area which restricted her walking.  Now, I have to turn it back into a recovery zone.  The good news is that he should be healed in time for football and Fall!!!  Onward and upward!
 

Comments

The dogs are lucky to have such devoted humans as you.
Linda said…
Is a torn acl something this breed of dogs is apt to have? I can imagine how traumatized it would be to have to face the procedure two days in a row.
DrumMajor said…
I didn't know Willie played football. Glad he'll be ready for the upcoming season. You are really an angel for those pups. Is there something that can be added to their diet to make their tendons stronger? Linda in Kansas
kmkat said…
I love and admire your dedication to the furry half of your family!
JLawrence said…
Best of luck to your furbaby & yourself as well🙏I understand the love & devotion as I have a somwhat ill dog myself. She was diagnosed with epilepsy 5 years ago via frequent seizures. And now has been diagnosed with Lyme disease from the deer ticks here in upstate NY. I hope all goes well with a healthy,quick,recovery for your baby!
Megs said…
Things we must do for our babies! They’re lucky to have you!
JustGail said…
Willie tore his ACL, again?! Oh no. It seems like he just got over that being done. I hope his recovery goes well.