Rhubarb Sauce

This is a very easy rhubarb sauce recipe and it is very good! Start with approx. 10-12 pieces of rhubarb.


Cut the rhubarb into 1 inch pieces

Place it in a heavy sauce pan with one cup of sugar and stir to blend

Place pan over medium heat. put a lid on the pan. Add nothing other than rhubarb and sugar.

Soon the rhubarb will give off liquid. Continue to cook and stir once or twice.

Cook until the rhubarb breaks down. Then continue to cook until it thickens a bit. It continues to thicken as it cools.

Remove from heat and transfer to jars.


Tighten lids and voila! Eat on toast or over cake or ice cream. Will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.

Comments

brokenteepee said…
I have never had rhubarb...I have heard it is quite tart.
Unknown said…
Yummy yummy yum! Great recipe - I'll try it out. I love rhubarb and will take the first picking of this year from my allotment later this week.

:)
My mouth started to water when I read Your text :-) One can never get to much rhubarb in the garden :-) Rhubarb pie with vanilla sauce is deliciuos :-)
Christer.