Garlic and Honey Pork Chops with Creamy Parmesan Risotto

I bought some pork chops the last time I was grocery shopping and thought I would put a different spin on them than usual.


I seasoned some flour with thyme, salt and pepper, granulated garlic and onion powder. This is how you get a good breading on anything you are cooking. Whisk a couple eggs with a bit of water in another bowl. First press your meat into the flour, coating the entire piece. Then, dip the chop in the egg and then put it back in the flour and press to coat all over. Coat all of the meat and place on a plate.




Dice 5-6 cloves of garlic.


Saute' them in some sesame oil just until they begin to soften.


Add 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 1 tsp. of fish sauce and a cup of honey. Whisk around to blend and cook for a minute then remove from the heat.


Add flour to any places where meat is exposed.


In a few tablespoons of oil, over a medium high heat, fry the pork chops until they have a crisp golden crust.


Cook them for about 4-5 minutes on each side.


For the risotto, saute' a diced medium onion in a few teaspoons of oil. Add 1 1/2 cups of arborio rice. Stir the rice into the onion and cook for a few minutes to toast a bit. Have about 3-4 cups of chicken stock on a back burner keeping it warm. Start to add the stock, ladle by ladle, waiting for each addition to be absorbed. Keep adding stock until the rice is cooked through. This takes about 1/2 hour. Remove it from the heat and add 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Stir to mix and then let it sit covered for about 10 minutes.


Dip the pork chops in the honey mix and lay them on a cookie sheet covered in foil. Make sure the cookie sheet has sides to contain the honey. Pour additional honey mix over the chops. Place them in a warm oven until ready to serve. I like to pan fry asparagus in a bit of butter with S & P to serve with this dish



Place a chop on each plate and drizzle some of the sauce over it.


Add a scoop of the risotto and top it with the asparagus.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks really nice! But I have to admit that I feel a bit hesitant towards the honey, I always takes to much and then I don´t like it :-) :-) :-)

Have a great day now!
Diane said…
That sounds just fantastic. Bookmarked :-) Diane
Anonymous said…
yum,, this a favorite in this house for sure!Yours looks wonderful!
love it...love the rissoto too....

i have that same whisk :-)
brokenteepee said…
That looks super yummy!
Guillaume said…
I used to loooooove pork chops as a kid, we used to make them on the grill, with spices and that's it, nothing else. Now it is never my first choice on the menue (pork never is), don't know why exactly but I grew out of it. Inversely, I was not a big fan of salmon or indeed any fish that was not white and battered, now I am crazy about all sorts of fish.

But anyway, if I want to rediscover pork chops I should try this recipe. With the asparagus it looks delicious.
Julie Ferguson said…
That looks so good!
This looks delicious! I have been off blogspot for a bit now and have missed your recipes! So glad I am back! Is there anything you can't cook????
My mouth is watering! Great food and it looks so good!

Thank you.

xoxo to The Teddy Red Fluffs!
Autumn said…
This looks delicious! I think I'll be making this before the week is up.
*drool* oops, pardon me!
SharleneT said…
Yummy! I love pork chops and will definitely add this to my repertoire! Come visit when you can and enter my giveaway for 100 followers.
petoskystone said…
yum! this recipe is definitely a keeper..thanks :)
Anonymous said…
Delicious! LOL on the blog tech button at the top. Too funny!