Apple Fritters with Maple Glaze

These are one of The Blog Techs favorite treats.


To make the glaze, mix confectioners sugar with some milk, maple syrup and maple extract. It should be a rather thin consistency.


I ended up making 2 batches so I could double dip!



Place some wax paper under a rack to catch the dripping glaze.


Put 1 cup of flour ans 1/3 cup of sugar in a bowl.


Add 2 teaspoons of baking soda.


Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.


Measure 1/3 cup of milk.


Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the milk. Add 1 tablespoon of melted butter.


Add one egg to the milk. There are 2 here because I doubled the recipe. Mix this all together with the flour until combined.



Dice 1 1/2 cups of apples into small cubes.




Mix the apple into the batter.


Heat your oil to 365 degrees.


Using a small scoop, drop small balls of the batter into the hot grease.


They cook for about 1 minute. They will be dark brown when they are done.


Drain on paper towels.





Dip them in the glaze and let them sit until the glaze is set. These freeze very well and you can remove a couple at a time when you want them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
They look a bit like Dutch oliebollen. We eat oliebollen at New Years eve. We don't put a lot of apple in the dough, most of the time we put raisins in them. We serve them with a dusting of convectioners sugar. They are very popular in The Netherlands ; )
These look very delicious and the glazing looks so yummy !!!
Have a magical day.
Anonymous said…
I was just thinking if I would make apple fritters later today but I realized I don't have everything I need at home right now, so it'll be an apple pie instead :-) The ones You show looks sooo tasty though :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Anonymous said…
my my those look good, I dislike frying things, (deep frying) but if I had your deep fryer i would fry Everything, yup,, I would!
Those look so yummy! And of course we in Canada love anything with maple flavouring.
TARYTERRE said…
As good as though apple fritters look, I have no way of making them here at home. Don't own a deep fryer. So to remedy this situation I am going to stop by your place to visit. Be sure to save a couple for me. OK?
Kelly said…
I will definitely make these. They look so yummy.
H.A. Blackthorn said…
These will be perfect for a Samhain breakfast! YUM!
Rue said…
Ditto Debra - we Canadians LOVE maple! So yum. Tummy's grumbling now...must have breakfast!
how did i miss this..... oh..these look so wonderful....wish i had one with my tea this morning....

looks so Halloweeen...

kary and l'il teddy
~ Jayne ~ said…
These look scrumptious! If ever I needed an excuse to buy a "Fry Baby", this is it! LOL
Jennifer Rose said…
ooh! these look wonderful :D have to make them soon!
Sharon Lovejoy said…
If this doesn't shout AUTUMN then nothing does.

Love this and it is being printed right now.

All autumn joys to you,

Sharon