Crack Recipe

This stuff is actually called crack, it is that addictive.


Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Line the sheet with one layer of unsalted matzo crackers.


Melt 2 sticks of butter and add 1 cup of light brown sugar.


Bring it to a boil and let it cook without stirring for 3 minutes.

If you have a puppy that is drawn to the smell of butter this is what she will do.


Teddy vigilantly stood right under the burner with the bubbling butter and sugar mixture. She stares at the floor waiting for something to drop. Be very careful not to spill any!


After the 3 minutes, pour the mixture over the crackers and spread it to cover all the crackers. Place this in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.


As soon as you remove it from the oven, sprinkle 2 cups of chocolate chips over them. You can use any chips that you choose. Let these sit for 5 minutes and then spread them over the crackers. You can crack some course sea salt over them if you like.


This is probably the extent of our winter. This was yesterday and today is sunny and 62 degrees.

I made several batches with white chocolate chips.


I pressed cashews into them. Let them cool completely.


When they are cool, crack them into random sizes to serve. I put mine in bags to give to people to eat during the Superbowl! These taste like the best toffee you have ever had.

Comments

Phoebe said…
Love love love this! Can't wait to try!
Barbara F. said…
Yum, yum yum! Enjoy the game. xo
I wish I had time to make these for Super Bowl, but to busy. I'll make them in the next few days. Look wonderful!
TARYTERRE said…
SCRUMPTIOUS looking, indeed. Do you have any extra you could fly my way in time for tonight's game?
Anonymous said…
I have no doubt about how delicious these are :-) :-) Perfect snacks for any occation! I have a work friend that will look at the superbowl tonight and he will be very tired at work tomorrow :-) :-) :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Alexis Kennedy said…
*drooling* I can't wait to try this!
Thank you so much for sharing :)
Pardon me while I mop the drool from my chin.
Nellie said…
Delicious! Super Bowl guests are sure to enjoy them!
Robin Larkspur said…
Crack, indeed! These look sinful, and should be illegal!! LOL, you crack dealer!!
Anonymous said…
oh my gosh I make this all the time but I use saltines, ( soda crackers) its our go to treat for anytime special. I put white and dark on it, crushed nuts , I 'm so happy ti fine another variation, using another type of cracker, it is addictive for sure!!!
Barb said…
That looks like another great snack idea!
Michelle said…
I have had a version of this, but the matzo crackers sound like a much better base.
Guillaume said…
Oh, that kind of crack.
Marigold said…
Oh, my goat. These have to be addictive all right. Also, can Teddy get any fluffier? She is like a giant puffball. It must be awesome to pet her. :)
SharleneT said…
Where have I been? Usually just make the heath bars without crackers, of any kind. This would make the recipe go so much further. I was afraid I wouldn't have anything to make my hips get any bigger, this winter, and now I do! Thanks for sharing a great variation of a favorite candy bar!
Anonymous said…
Wow, I just might kill myself on these. Crack is right!