Puppy Treats

I received a surprise gift in the mail from Robin at Wiccan Writes the other day! Thanks Robin! One of the things she sent was a kit to make puppy treats. I made some for Teddy yesterday. You might want to make these for your special friend. Start by cooking 6 strips of bacon until crisp. I used my ground bacon for this. Drain the grease and the bacon.


Put 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce in your mixer bowl.


Add the drained crumbled bacon.


Add 1/2 cup low fat shredded cheddar.


Add 1/2 cup of rolled oats (not instant) and 1 cup of oat flour and 1 cup of brown rice flour.


Add 1 large piece of pureed liver and 3 tablespoons of water.


Blend with the paddle attachment until mixed.


The kit came with cute cutters but I did not want to waste any of this so I rolled it out on a parchment covered cookie sheet to 1/4 inch thickness.


Bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


Score it into squares and leave it in the heated oven with it turned off. Leave it there until the oven cools and the biscuits are crisp. Teddy loves these! Teddy also thanks Robin!

I finally saw the doctor yesterday. I completely severed my radial tendon and nerve. I have no feeling in my thumb yet the incision is killing me. I get the stitches out in maybe 3 more weeks. Until then, I have to wear a weird brace thing that holds my wrist and thumb at a strange angle. I get to wear this new lovely contraption for at least a month. Then I start rehab to try to get the movement back. The doctor said it should eventually be fine!

Comments

SharleneT said…
OMG, Joyce, that's horrible. Who would have thought it was so severe? The doctor really thinks it will all be fine? I'm sincerely praying for you.
How did Teddy like the treats? Robin is so sweet. Thanks for sharing.