Chicken Scallopini and a Christmas Chow Chow

My mama wanted to make me look like a reindeer.

But I think I look like a brown winged angel.

And I think I can fly!

The Blog Tech and his girlfriend requested some food.  They have been shorted since I have been doing so much Christmas baking.  So I got up earlier than usual and made them a bunch of food.  Of course, I forgot to take photos of some of it.  I made them Swedish meatballs with gravy and mashed potatoes.  And I made this rice pilaf with chicken scallopini.

This is really easy to make and quite delicious.  First, you pound out the chicken.  I place it between plastic wrap and beat the crap out of it with a rolling pin.

I pound it pretty thin.

Then zest and juice 2 lemons and dice about 6 garlic cloves.

Melt some butter in a skillet.

Dip the chicken in seasoned flour to lightly coat it.

Saute' it in the butter until it begins to brown.

Place it in a baking dish.

Melt a bit more butter in the same skillet and add the garlic and the lemon zest.  Stir it around a little.

Add some capers, the juice from the 2 lemons, some S&P and a bit of white wine.  Then add a couple tablespoons of cream.

Ladle the sauce over the chicken.

I served it with a mushroom rice pilaf but it would be good over angel hair pasta too.

Comments

luckybunny said…
Teddy makes one cute reindeer! The scallopini looks yummy!
Oh Teddy, you are so cute!!!! ,-)

And Joyce, I am so happy for you!!! Getting SNOW for YULE!!!!! How perfect is that?!?

Please step outside and catch a couple of flakes in your mouth, for me. We are getting RAIN. -pout-

Rain! More rain! 50 degrees! I'm getting ready to pull all the window shades down... Shut out the gloomy outside... Turn on all the lights... Play music... And try to stay out of gloom...

-grin-

Happy Yule, Dear Friend!!!!!
Teddy, you are one beautiful Rudolph! Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!
brokenteepee said…
There is something very satisfying about pounding the hell out of chicken, isn't there?

I hope you have a white Christmas.
Nellie said…
Yummy! Lucky Blog Tech and girlfriend!

Teddy is certainly one cute dog!
Anonymous said…
this chicken looks wonderful and I think Teddy looks like a big fluffy golden BAT! A very cute one,
Anonymous said…
Teddy is much cuter than any reindeer or angel :-)

That's the way to have our meatballs, with mashed potatoes and brown gravy. Or on a sandwich with lots of beetroot salad :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Robin Larkspur said…
Teddy, divine replica of a reindeer, or perhaps even a bunny with scalloped ears, (giggle).

I can see jaz whacking that chicken. Must be something to hear early in the morning. It looks like a delicious dish.


forest said…
Teddy's an angel for sure....your children and neighbors are so lucky to share in all your good cooking....
Guillaume said…
That is one cute chow chow/reindeer.
Sometimes it just does a body good to beat the crap out of something with a rolling pin.
...and we had Subway sandwiches with potato chips for dinner! ARGGGGG!
Teddy looks adorable with those little reindeer horns on. All ready for Christmas. I need to get a bell and pretty ribbon for Mele.
Sooo..any snow? :)
Barb said…
Teddy is too cute!!!!
Excellent recipe......

Oh Teddy, so cute!
Mystica said…
Thanks for the chicken receipe and I think the photos of Teddy are simply so very gorgeous.
Shannon said…
OMG - first thing I see while catching up on blogs I've missed is your Teddy, who is so cute she defies description!

Those little antlers are the coolest thing ever. :o)