The Front Garden

 Teddy is always happy to sit in her front garden.

 She likes it when I work out here.  This area only gets a bit of early morning sun and the brick path stays cool.  Time to plant the planters.

 We have been having horribly hot weather.  Not a drop of rain in sight.  My mondo grass is suffering.These tree peonies already bloomed.

Hostas, ferns and ladies mantle.

The tall green thing behind the boxwoods is a Japanese lilac.  It has more buds than ever before.  The aroma will be overwhelming when it blooms.  I will take pics and post them.  We transplanted this from the back garden years ago and it took a long time for it to bloom again.  I guess it has finally established itself.

The rhododendrons are blooming along the side path.

The Weeping Hemlocks are looking great.

More tree peonies.

Ladies Mantel spreads like crazy.

The majestic sycamores.

A quiet place to sit and relax.

Comments

brokenteepee said…
It's a shame we don't have smellovision!
Anonymous said…
such a beautiful garden, thats lovely place to sit as well, do you ever sit?????
Anonymous said…
That gate with the snakes is just fantastic!
I think I'll get one flower on my tree peonies, the month of Mars were terrible to plants here, lots of perennials has died and some bushes too.

The lilacs however seems to thrive and I'm not a fan of them at all :-) It's ok when they flower but the stench afterwards when the flowers dies are awful.

Riny again here today, last night it poured down so now I won't have to refill the pond for quite some time :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
The Happy Whisk said…
What a neat wonderland you have.
You must have a huge water bill to keep everything looking so green in the heat!
Nellie said…
Such a welcoming retreat! Teddy certainly looks like she is very happy!
Barb said…
Everything is looking great!
Amanda said…
i absolutely adore your front porch!! So neat!
jody said…
your gardens are beautiful grown and green. my shrubs are just starting to bud out. im hoping my ladies mantel is spreading like crazy. love it! its been raining for days now... hoping for some sunshine and warmth but not complaining to much... enjoy your evening!
Kacey said…
I have never seen such beautiful grounds in real life. I just imagine that I am walking along the pathways, inhaling the aromas, slowly twisting the handle to the door marked "private garden". Truly gorgeous.
1st Man said…
I don't know what else to say except WOW.
Your home is lovely! and big. a lot of work. i love the gardens and every visit.
TARYTERRE said…
Looking forward to seeing the Japanese lilacs blooming. I bet they do smell delightful.
But of COURSE you sit on that porch! I don't even doubt it for a moment! :):)
vivinfrance said…
Fab-u-lous, specially your background photo!
ViVinFrance
Gorgeous...

Did you design the Private Garden Gate? Love it! Who needs a lock and key, with that gate?!?!?!?

Plus, your 'detailing' is spectacular. That's what I call, the way you maintain mulch, around each planting. Perfection...
Suzanne said…
Oh the hostas!!! *swoon*
beautiful garden as always Jaz, how I wished to sit at your porch now and enjoy your garden : )
Ozlem
Janet NZ said…
I'm here from Celi's place. You have the most beautiful garden! :-)
Anonymous said…
What a lovely front porch and entrance. The view from there is nice, too. I can see why Teddy likes it so much.
Joy said…
Your gardens are just lovely. That front door too - great. Thank you for the tour. Joy