To Market To Market

 It was pouring this morning so I headed out to do some shopping.  Teddy moved before I could get a pic of her under her umbrella.  It was raining so hard that she started barking at the rain.

 I love the markets in my town. I have one of the best fish mongers anywhere.  I got there as they were unlocking the doors.  They had just put out fresh sardines flown in from Italy.  These babies came home with me.

 I picked out some red snappers with very clear eyes and had them cut them into filets.  They always give me the skin to cook for Teddy.

 Perfect filets.  Unless you caught these yourself they couldn't be much fresher.

 I bought Teddy some scallops too.  She loves fish and seafood.

 At the next store I bought some wonderful butters.  The white one is from Parma, Italy and the gold one is a double Devon cream from the UK.

 I had them grate 2 pounds of Parmesan cheese for me.

 I'll show you what I will be doing with these cheeses later in the week. Clockwise from top left:  Graskaas Beemster, saffron truffle cheese, Double Gloucester and a semi hard goat cheese.

 Teddy thinks the goat cheese is delicious.

 This is Teddy's dindin.  Lean pork and chicken, dry mini chunks, crisped fish skin and her cutting board.  She insists on licking her cutting board.  Like a little kid licking the beaters.

 I bought fresh mozzarella which they made early this morning.

 And a selection of sausages which will be shown later in the week too.

 A gallon of olive oil.  I buy whichever brand they have on sale.  This was 13.99 for the gallon.

 Italian tuna and beans in oil.

 Lots of pitted Kalamata olives.  This store has bins filled with over 40 different kinds of olives.  You pick the kind you like and fill the container yourself.

 BTW...Teddy loved her fish skin.

 And I bought this cute bottle of local honey.

 It gives me bee envy.  I want my own bees so badly but I am terribly allergic.

 And black truffle oil.  I use this all the time.  It is delicious on eggs, pizza, pasta, potatoes....on and on!  Drizzled on a bowl of mushroom soup.....ahhhh!

And my favorite coffee.

Comments

brokenteepee said…
We're hoping to put bees in next year.

I miss that kind of shopping. Just nothin' around out here.
Teddy eats like a queen! Of course -- she's the queen of your heart!
petoskystone said…
Teddy looks so pleased!
Anonymous said…
Lots of delicious stuff there :-) I love all kinds of cheese but I don't think I've ever heard of the ones You bought. But any goat cheese is a great cheese :-)

No such stores near here, too much countryside for that I'm afraid :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Dee said…
Wow - good looking stuff - makes me envious of all the good shopping you have.
Nellie said…
What amazing purchases! I went to my favorite market today, only to find out that a power failure during the night had led to clearing away of much of their refrigerated merchandise. That's what I like to buy there, so I came home with very little.
Robin Larkspur said…
You will probably be shocked, but I have never had truffle oil. Really must try it.
Love all those cheeses, and my goodness, eating all that fish, Teddy has a lot in common with those "bad kitties", but don't tell her I said that!
TARYTERRE said…
That saffron truffle cheese sounds heavenly. Teddy is adorable with the cutting board.
Barb said…
That does look like an amazing market. I agree with Teddy about the scallops, but fish skin....
Guillaume said…
Fresh sardines, delicious!
JFM said…
What a yummy post, Jaz! Now I am starving :}

Teddy sure likes she was ready to enjoy her treat~
Looks like you had a good day at the market & made your puppy happy!
absolutely delectable foods, ALL!!
How in the world you make uncooked foods sound SO darned good, I will never know. No props needed..nothing but the JOYCE going shopping. :) I love it!
p.s. ...and Teddy..well, Mele would be so envious if she knew so I won't tell her about Teddy's crispy fish skins. Shhhhhh..
What a gorgeous spread Jaz, so nice you get such great produce and variety, and that fish looks amazing - lucky Teddy with the scallops :) look forward to your creations with the cheese!
Ozlem
Delicious sounding shopping! Can't wait to see what you'll make with all this.

Love it, that Teddy was barking at the rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Man your shopping is yum!
I'm gonna try and see if I can get me some truffle oil.
Love Leanne
you are making me hungry. A feast in the making!
Tammy said…
Graskaas Beemster would be a great name for a rock band! I am deeply envious of your fishmonger. I can't even get fresh salmon here.
luckybunny said…
Ohhh yummmmy! All good stuff. Love those butters!