The Country Living Fair Part 3

 My oven and my cooktop broke.  I am sitting here writing this post as the repair person is trying to get me up and running again.  I think I cooked them to death.  This is the last of the fair pics and tomorrow I will show you what I bought.

 Click for a closer look at these intricately decorated gourds.

 Chillin' under the apple tree.

 Shabby chic primitives.

 JOL's under a table.


 Somehow I managed not to buy another broom.






 I bought something from this booth.


 We left in a little over an hour. I don't have the patience to spend more time at these things.

 This is why early bird tickets are a must. The cars to get in where lined up for miles on the highway.

 On the way home we found a pumpkin farm and stopped to visit.



 They were getting ready for their pumpkin festival and were just about to put out a lot more.

 They created a corn maze through the corn field.

 It was actually a bit creepy.


 We did not venture too far into it.


 We saw lots of these machines on our drive.

 They are used to make these.

It was a wonderful Fall day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
beautiful photos, will you show us what you bought, lol
brokenteepee said…
Pricilla maaas, "mmmmmm"

I'm sorry about your cooktop. I hope it gets fixed quickly.
I'm not surprised that your oven and stovetop gave out, what with all the cooking and baking YOU do! You get your money's worth out of your appliances, LOL!
Anonymous said…
Isn't there a horror movie called The Children of the Corn or something like that :-) I wouldn't go in there myself :-) :-)

Those gourds are just fantastic! Gourd, pumpkins and corn is something we don't have to much of over here, but I actually pass two corn fields on my way to work now days so I guess it will be more common here too.

I like those weather vanes too. I have a friend that found a vulture looking one some years ago, I've tried to find something similar but so far I've been unlucky.

Have a great day!
Christer.
Nellie said…
Oh, no! Don't tell me BOTH your oven AND cook top are broken? What will you do? Sending wishes for speedy repair work!

I've never been to Country Living Fair, but it is one thing I'd like to do. They are just never very near to me.
Love the sad scarecrow. In photo three
Guillaume said…
A corn maze? Gosh this is sooo cool!
Remember the alien in the corn in Signs? very spooky.
Joyce, I love those weathervanes. Did you manage to get one of their cards, or know their name? I bet they have a web site.
Makes me feel so good to see all the fall colors, and your house looks fabulous
xx
julie
TARYTERRE said…
What a fun day, indeed. LOVE all the autumn things.
Sunnybrook Farm said…
My mother-in-law had a broom like those but it was stolen by some girl, she had a lion, scarecrow and tin man with her and a yip yap dog. Must have been one of those gang they have in town. Never did catch the trouble makers.
What gorgeous fall photos! hope your oven is back in action soon!:)
Ozlem
luckybunny said…
love the pictures but oh no!!! YOUR OVEN AND COOKTOP!:( I hope it's quickly fixed that's really traumatizing!
Hmmm...was it those difficult to make little Witch boots? The sign that says "Something Wicked This Way Comes?" OR was it the 47 days until Halloween sign..or... LOL
chickpea678 said…
Those gourds are works of art! Our neighbors always give gourds to the children so that they can make birdhouses with them. We'll have to work in our decorating skills!
chickpea678 said…
Those gourds are works of art! Our neighbors always give gourds to the children so that they can make birdhouses with them. We'll have to work in our decorating skills!