Another Ramp Festival

 Yes, we went to a second ramp festival.  What can I say, we love these mini adventures.  This one was way out in the boondocks. We had to drive down a one lane road to get to it.

 This was in a very rural section of West Virginia.

 A marlin house.

 This festival was not nearly as big as the other one we visited.

 This does not look like much but it was a very good ramp salad.

These were called veteran dogs and were free to all vets.  For everyone else, they cost 1.00.  They consisted of a hot dog covered with chili, mustard, sauerkraut, cole slaw and yep, ramps.  Quite a bargain for a buck!
 The prices for everything were very affordable.

 This is a ramp kielbasa sandwich with peppers and onions.  The sausage was made with ramps inside of it.  Excellent!

 We left with more ramp jelly and bad breath.

 We took side roads the whole way home to see what we could see.

 It was a wonderful trip on a beautiful spring day.

No more ramp festivals until next year but we have some other exciting mini trips on the horizon!  Stay tuned.

Comments

You know what the perfect name for a ramp festival would be? RAMP-O-RAMA!
Anonymous said…
I'm not really up for food yet but those veteran dog's look delicious!

What a beautiful countryside! It actually look very much like it does in the county I live in.

Have a great day!
Christer.
brokenteepee said…
You ain't seen rural 'til you've been out here. And I've been through most of West Virginia.....
thewiildmagnola said…
had to do a word search for "ramp".....wild garlic?

anyway. I like the veteran's dog too. garlic is a favorite.

beautiful country.

i enjoy your day trip sharing.
Nellie said…
Wow! I would definitely enjoy heading out on a trip like this!
Ian's Girl said…
Seems mighty flat for West Virginia! My people are further south, down along the KY and VA borders. Prettiest state in the Union, IMHO, and that's coming from a girl born in the mountains of northern GA.

I am now craving ramps. Thank you!
Diane said…
I had to look up what a ramp was, despite your post before this one and seeing the photos. An old word with a new meaning for me! Looks like fun and the photos are great. Keep well Diane
Anonymous said…
what a beautiful landscape!! Another Ramp festival, wow, I was reading the menu board and I have never heard of a walking taco, ( did I read that right???) the prices are great wow, the sausage with the ramps would be good I think, my Gramma would laugh her head off if she knew they made festivals for Ramps, they grew like weeds at our place, and were thought of as a spring tonic food, in soups mostly, now they are a star!!
Guillaume said…
Ramp seems quite popular where you are...
Nar said…
Glad you could visit my lovely state :)
TARYTERRE said…
I want one of those veteran dogs. They look delicious.
Mary Ann said…
Gosh, the scenery is worth the trip!
Adventuring!! How I miss it! Stay tuned..you couldn't drag me away with a John Deere Tractor!!! :)
Kay said…
OK... Now you've really got me curious about ramp. It sounds absolutely wonderful!
Birgit said…
Oh boy -- this time you made me google! Usually, my English is good enough to talk or write about everything between heaven and earth or read any book (or blog) I want. Now you got me with ramps. I had thought it must be something similar to garlic, most likely Bärlauch (which is actually the German word for ramps). Finally, I found that another word for ramps is ramson -- and then I was sure I was right. YEAH! :)

Hugs,
Birgit

PS: Thanks for widening my knowledge in the English language. :)
Barb said…
What a pretty road trip!