Berry Salad with Feta, Beets and Poppy Seed Dressing

This year I planted my lettuces in a raised bed in a shady area on my patio and it has been growing like crazy.  Needless to say, we have been eating lots of salads.  This is one of our favorites.
First, layer a bunch of different types of lettuce on a plate.  Add sliced pickled beets and pickled hard boiled egg slices. Add sliced strawberries, thinly sliced red onion rings and sprinkle with feta cheese.

Add some blackberries and salted pecans.



You can find my recipe for poppy seed dressing here:  http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/search?q=poppy+seed+dressing

Drizzle the salad with some of this dressing.  You don't need much, a little goes a long way.

Comments

Jim said…
It is lunch time here and I am about to scramble and round up these ingredients! Thanks!!It looks wonderful!
brokenteepee said…
The hubby would love that one, me not so much. I am not down with the beet.
Susan said…
That sounds (and looks) so amazing! I love fruit in a salad - I'll have to try it once I get a strawberry 'crop'.
Anonymous said…
what a beautiful creation!!!Your poppy seed dressing is great I have used that quite few times,
Anonymous said…
Looks delicious!
But I have never tasted pickled eggs, I feel I need to find some so I can see if I like it :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Guillaume said…
In had a Greek salad with feta today, but it did not look nearly as good or as inventive as this one.
Nellie said…
Anything with pickled beets in it has to be good!:)
What a delicious looking salad. I am going to make this dressing this Sunday! It looks delicious and sounds delicious!
I know that swing is probably not your style AT all.. :) You are right..I always have to have some sort of project going. If I don't I go nuts! It's fun looking forward to changing something.. :)
TARYTERRE said…
No onions on mine. That looks delicious.
fromsophiesview said…
Hi Joyce ~~~ it's Jim's better 1/2 here. After such a wonderful compliment from you on Jim's post today, Sophie Doodle said that she wanted to hop right over and check you out.
Salad and dressing ~~ mmm!
Well I picked the right time to invade your world.
Cheers!
Ron
Velva said…
Oh wow! Shut the front door! The muffeletta looks amazing.

Velva