River's Bend Farm

As we were tooling through the Ohio countryside on Saturday, we found the cutest place. We attempt to attend as many festivals as we can but we are always on the lookout for anything unique or special we can find.
This was just the cutest little farm.  Above you can see their herb shed.  You can purchase plants for your garden or dried herbs for your kitchen
These guys were very curious to meet us.  I really like their barn.                                                                                          
This shed houses antiques and they had a very nice selection for very good prices.  Basically everything you see is for sale.
You can see the horses in the background. They never took their eyes off of us.  I think they were hoping we brought treats.
These girls all gathered for a look too.                                                                                                                      
This is the main gift shop.  They were selling fresh produce and fruit which had just been picked.  The owner went into the hen house and gathered me a dozen warm eggs.
We loaded the car with all sorts of things but the most special purchase was the flat of just picked red raspberries.  What a treasure.


I came home and turned them into jam.  Everyone has been enjoying my yeast pumpkin bread toasted and served with this spread on top.







Comments

brokenteepee said…
It looks like a perfect little farm. I would love some raspberries. Mmmm
Anonymous said…
beautiful beautiful photos, and that jam and bread sounds amazing, sounds like supper to me, lol,
Mary Ann said…
Joyce, I'm assuming this was an Amish farm, and I'm really surprised at the horse barn... that's pretty cushy for working Amish horses. It was a nice farm... and lovely produce!
Anonymous said…
What a wonderful place, even if they had horses :-) I have to admit that I'm not that fond of them even if I did take care of my former neighbors horses when they went away a few times.

Frost is predicted for tonight and I can feel it in the air.

Have a great day!
Guillaume said…
Seems like a lovely place.
Julie Ferguson said…
My kind of place to spend the day. The jam looks delicious.
TARYTERRE said…
looks like a nice place to visit on an autumn afternoon. I was eating a bowlful of raspberries when I read about your jam. Sounds delicious.
Barb said…
What a wonderful place to visit!! The jam looks delicious! Our raspberry season was cut very short because of the heat.
What a fun place to stop and investigate! The jars of jam are beautiful...and you whipped them up..just like that??!! *faints dead away!*
thewiildmagnola said…
this beauty farm takes lots of love, and lots of work.