Christmas Cookie Platters

Phewwwwww....I am finally done.  I made 18 of these this year.  Each platter has about 5 dozen cookies or more on it.  That's over 1000 cookies.  I don't think I will be baking anymore cookies for a while.

 Throughout fall I look at thrift shops for Christmas plates.  They rarely cost more than a dollar.

 Very early this morning I lined them all up.

 Then I started piling on the cookies and adding candy I buy from Salem. There is a really good candy shop there.

 Next, I wrap them in clear cellophane.

Each one gets decorated and has one of the ornaments I made attached to it.  All there is left to do now is deliver them.  Done for another year!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You sure know how to package those cookies beautiful! There are lots of people feeling lucky when getting one of those plates :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Using special thrift store xmas plates is such a good idea!
TARYTERRE said…
Those cookie baskets look marvelous. And the plates add that little extra touch. You are such a sweetheart.
Kim said…
That is a lot of work, but such a wonderful gift, I am sure the people who receive them look forward to it!!
Merry Christmas!!!!
Leanne said…
Beautiful I bet the recipients look forward to your platters. LOVE your bow
WOW! The cookie platters look beautiful and delicious and each cookie had an extra spoonful of love from you to the recipient
Sandy Sandy Art said…
You are SUCH a good witch! Happy holidays!
Anonymous said…
they look wonder ful, what a selection, I fore see some happy recipients of this,,,
Barbara F. said…
You never cease to amaze! Lucky friends and neighbors.....
brokenteepee said…
Whew is right! That's a lot of work
Barb said…
They are just beautiful as well as yummy looking!
Texan said…
wow wow wow ... they are lovely and I know they taste fantastic!
Kay said…
I am totally totally impressed. What a fabulous idea to get those Christmas plates throughout the year for your cookies.
sandra said…
I just lovvvvvvvvvve how they look all lined up!! Abundant, beautiful, delicious packages showing there is still good hearts in this world !! PURE MAGIC!!!!
Personally, I think I am going to write you in for President..and then Woman of the Year!!! :)
Merry Christmas, Joyce!! What a feat of Christmas accomplishments beyond amazing! Umm...did that make sense?