Beans and Greens

I have house guests this weekend and I have been working furiously to get my guest house ready.  What a job!  You really can't let things sit for long times without attending to them.  I got it done and I am stocking the refrigerator.  I made a large loaf of rosemary bread and was thinking of what might be good for a late night snack and I thought that garlicky greens and beans would be good to eat with the bread.
 First I fried some Italian sausage in a bit of olive oil.

 Remove the sausage and set it aside but leave the oil in the pan.

 Add 1 diced large onion to the oil and cook for 2 minutes.

 Sprinkle it with some cracked black pepper and dried thyme. Sprinkle in a bit of red pepper flakes.

 Add 2 tablespoons of butter.

And lots of minced garlic.  I used about 6 cloves. Saute' for about 2 minutes.
 Add about 8oz. of spinach.

 Cook for a few minutes until the spinach wilts.
Add about 1-1/2 cups of chicken stock.
 Add 2 cans of drained and rinsed cannelloni beans.  Cook this until the liquid is almost completely absorbed and the remaining sauce has thickened.

 Slice the sausage and add it back to the beans. Add salt to taste.  I added 1 chicken bouillon cube for added flavor and it had enough salt that I did not add extra.

 Sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese before serving. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
you are like the energizer bunny, you never stop!
this sounds very good!
Craig said…
Lucky house guest! I love spinach and cannelloni beans so I'd love this dish. Have a nice weekend with your guest.
Anonymous said…
This looks so delicious! Your guests will love it, of that I'm sure :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanna said…
OH MY! That looks soooo good.
Guillaume said…
Oh those sausages! Yum!
OH my!!! *faints dead away!*
Mary Ann said…
This looks really good !
chickpea678 said…
Yum! You've answered the question of what will I be making for dinner tonight! Thank you!