Dill and Onion Knots

I saw dill rolls on a blog the other day and thought I would make a version of them.  These are similar to  kimmelwick rolls but more flavorful.
 Pour 1 cup of milk into the bowl of your mixer.  Add 1 T. of honey, 4 T. of oil, 2 T. of rapid rise yeast and 1 cup of water.  Add 1 small finely diced onion, 1 bunch of diced fresh dill, 1 T. dried dill and 2 tsp. of salt.  Add 2 cups of whole wheat flour and about 3 cups of all purpose flour and knead until you have a nice smooth ball of dough.

 Place it in a buttered bowl, cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.

 Turn it out on your counter and divide into two pieces.

 Split each piece in half.

 Split each of these into 6 pieces.

 Roll each piece into a rope.

 Tie it into a knot.

 Tuck one end up through the middle and the other end over and down through the middle.

 Place them on a cookie sheet and brush with butter.  Cover them and let them rise for about 30 minutes.

 Sprinkle them with caraway seeds and flaked sea salt.

 Bake them at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden on the bottom.  Cool on racks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think I would like to have these for breakfast :-)

Dill here is very much connected to crayfish this time of year, we Swedes just love crayfish :-) Perhaps I should buy some and have this bread to them?

Have a great day!
Christer.
Jeannine520 said…
Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree but I'm thinking I'd like to slice one in half and use it to make a chicken salad sandwich.
Guillaume said…
I love dill with practically everything.