Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaves and Creamed Spinach

The kids were outside in the very cold weather watching football and I knew they would come home cold and hungry so I made them some comfort food.
 I made a pot roast and mashed potatoes but I also made them meatloaves and gravy which were a big hit.  Use you favorite meatloaf recipe or type meatloaf into my search bar to use mine.

Wrap them in a piece of thin bacon which flavors them and holds them together too.
While they were cooking I made creamed spinach. Saute spinach in a bit of butter.









                              
 Whisk 4 tablespoons of butter, some salt and pepper and 4 tablespoons of flour for a few minutes over medium heat.

 Grate in some fresh nutmeg.

 Add 4 cups of milk and stir occasionally until it begins to thicken.

 Add 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.

 Mix it into the spinach.


 I placed 2 slices of French bread in each container and topped them with mashed potatoes.  Then I topped the potatoes with some creamed spinach.

 The meatloaves just out of the oven.

I placed 2 meatloaves on top of the spinach.       

Then I ladled gravy around them.  This is a real stick to your ribs kind of meal.  All packed up and ready to go home with the kids.

Comments

That's a surefire way to get kids to eat spinach!
Anonymous said…
That's a meal for me :-) It looks delicious and I know it tastes even better than it looks!

Have a great day!
Christer.
Guillaume said…
Oh boy! That sure is hearty! A man's meal for a cold autumn day.
Leanna said…
I just have to try the bacon wrapped meat loaves. David has a crazy love for both. The spinach is mine. I love anything with spinach.
greekwitch said…
Oh come on! This is just too much! Now I have to try and make that( fail miserably and order out!)
I have been looking for a creamed spinach recipe and this one looks perfect! Thank you for sharing
Nellie said…
This is amazing! What a great idea!
Susan said…
O....M....G. Adopt me! :)
1st Man said…
Wow, that looks so good!!! How did you form the loaves? Was it just free form? They seem so perfect, just wondered if you used a biscuit cutter or something. I love this idea!!!
Mary Ann said…
Oh my gosh, looks FABULOUS (as usual!)
chickpea678 said…
Those kids are so darn lucky!