|I made this salad for my kids the last two days and I am sure it will be requested often from now on. This is possibly the best salad I have ever tasted.|
- 10 ounces (~6 cups) kale, loosely chopped or torn
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and thoroughly dried
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp tandoori masala spice blend*
- 1 head garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil + more for roasting garlic
- 2 lemons, juiced (~1/3 cup)
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- Pinch each salt + pepper
- Hot water to thin
- Peel apart garlic cloves but leave the skin on. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add drained chickpeas to a mixing bowl and toss with oil and seasonings.
- Add garlic cloves and seasoned chickpeas to a baking sheet. Drizzle garlic with a bit of olive or grape seed oil. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the chickpeas are slightly crispy and golden brown and the garlic is fragrant and slightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Add all remaining dressing ingredients and whisk to combine, mince the roasted garlic and whisk it into the dressing.
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl. Before adding dressing, add 1 Tbsp each lemon juice and olive oil to the kale and squeeze it to soften the kale a bit. Toss it with a bit of the dressing to lightly coat it.
- Top with chickpeas and serve with extra dressing on the side.
*Spice blend: 3 Tbsp cumin, 2 Tbsp garlic powder, 2 Tbsp paprika, 3 tsp ginger, 2 tsp coriander, 2 tsp cardamom.