Sweet Potato Casserole with Kale and Corn

If you are looking for a good side dish for Easter, try this one.   I got a bunch of sweet potatoes and kale in my CSA so I whipped these up yesterday to bake today.

 Bake the sweet potatoes and scoop them out of their skins into a bowl.  Add a couple tablespoons of butter.

 Add 1 cup of corn.  I had this frozen from last summer.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mash thoroughly.
Saute some diced kale until it is bright green and stir it into the potatoes.
 You can cook this as one big casserole or divide it into individual servings.

Sprinkle the top with some grated cheddar and sprinkle a bit of blue cheese over it. Crumble some bacon over the top.  Bake at 375 degrees until the cheese is melted and bubbling. And it cn be made a day ahead!

Comments

I like how you make little individual servings for everyone. Nice!
Julie Ferguson said…
Looks delicious! I will have to try this.
Anonymous said…
Even though it look very yummy I'm not a big fan of sweet potatoes.
I'll have pancakes all weekend and I also bought a Småländsk cheese cake :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
TARYTERRE said…
This looks delicious to me but I must admit I would never have put kale and sweet potatoes together if left to my own devices.
Susan said…
I think I could live on this!
Mary Ann said…
We are eating out again this year, but that looks SO good!
Anonymous said…
This is such a great side dish! Would be nice if you would link it to my Easter Party on my blog ..or any other of your scrumptious dishes. Cheers
Kale? Ohh...I have such a lot of growing to do and at my age I had best get to it!! LOL
Kay said…
I always get hungry when I visit you.
Amanda said…
Are you on any social media pages? i don't get on blogspot as often as i used to. I was just curious if you were on facebook. I always come back to your blog because i love your food and crafts! Cheers, Amanda