Salmon and Grits


I guess I am sort of in a Spring mood...a little bit.  Don't violas just scream Spring?
 
I planted this little wagon with violas and added a few peeps for my future DIL to put on her porch.                                  
I made this salmon and grits for my family for their lunches today.  We all love shrimp and grits so I figured, why not salmon and grits?




 I skinned some salmon and cooked it on cedar planks with a bit of Cajun seasoning.  These planks flavor salmon in the most wonderful way.

 I made a big pot of cheddar stone ground grits.

And I topped it with a mixture of sauteed peppers, onions, garlic, celery, andouille sausage and thyme with a little salt and pepper.   Snow is on the way for us!

Comments

Anonymous said…
People started to ask for violets already after new years eve when I had my garden center :-) Everyone wanted that spring feeling they give.

The food looks delicious!

Have a great day!

Christer.
TARYTERRE said…
Love the flower cart. That salmon has my name on it. Looks scrumptious. I bet it tastes divine.
I think I must be the only person in the world who does not like cedar planked salmon. I just don't like the woody flavour. I don't like oaked wine either.
Anonymous said…
this looks so good, I have never had cedar planked salmon but I think I would love it,,I have never had grits either,,
but as you know I live under a rock lol,,

Guillaume said…
Oh I LOVE salmon. This looks SO delicious.
My daughter in law suggested I plant violets along the side of the house but so far I haven't been able to find any. It's been raining fairly steadily since yesterday..or the night before that but no snow. Hail. yes, we did get hail here in Southern California. I think I told you..
That little green wagon is so sweet. I bet it looks adorable on her porch. The Salmon. OH MY! Looks so delicious! I've never made "grits" but we ate a lot of them when we lived in Florida. They are SO good!
I MUST send you a picture of my brand new GREAT granddaughter.
My blog is going to pot!! :(
I don't want to try to live without yours!!! LOL
Tikkun said…
What a beautiful gift! The wagon of flowers as well as the delicious lunch. I love salmon and grits and violas :)!