The Day Before Thanksgiving

 The guest house tables are set and the place is almost ready for the big dinner.  I'm using my old dining room tables which enable me to seat 14 people.  I recently ordered 2 new tables, chairs and benches which will let me seat 22-24 people.  We are going to need it.  I set the buffet up with chafing dishes to keep everything warm and people can help themselves.

 Yesterday I made the pecan pies.  Today I make the pumpkin pies and the cranberry cake.

The sweet potato casserole is ready to be baked though photobucket seems to already have eaten half of it.

 Green bean casserole.

 Creamed pearl onions and baby peas.

And a lot of gravy!  Gravy is the best part of the dinner.  I have about another 10 hours of cooking.

Comments

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I'm sure all your guests will be properly thankful for your culinary skills!
Anonymous said…
Everything look so delicious! We really need a holiday like that over here too :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Susan said…
The guest house set up looks fabulous! What a perfect venue to enjoy your wonderful food and great conversations. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Nancy said…
Happy Thanksgiving with thanks for your wonderful blog and all the inspiration you share so readily through the year. Beautiful table, delicious-looking food. Enjoy the day and TRY to have some quiet time for you.
Kay said…
Absolutely AWESOME! You are amazing. I cannot make gravy. I've just never been able to make good gravy. Thank goodness for my brother!!! I can't get over how many dishes you made. Wow!