Homemade Lemonade

Nothing means summer quite like a good old fashioned glass of homemade lemonade.  I made some for my family for Memorial Day.
 Juice 8 lemons.  This should produce 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice.
Add 1 1/3 cups of sugar to a pot and 1 cup of water. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
Add lemon juice and 8 cups of water to a large pitcher. Stir in the simple syrup.  Chill and serve over lots of ice.


It's very easy to make and oh so good!


Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't think I've ever had home made lemonade ever so this is a must try!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanna said…
Here in Texas, it's always homemade lemonade or sweet sun tea. Either one with lots of ice in a big ol' Mason jar. Handles optional.
Rain said…
Yum! So much better than using that "Real-lemon" stuff!!!
Guillaume said…
Looks delicious and refreshing. And funny coincidence: I blogged about lemonade (San Pellegrino's) yesterday.
1st Man said…
This is almost exactly how we make ours. A definite must have in Summer. And as was mentioned above, "Sun Tea" is a true Southern must have as well.
TARYTERRE said…
Looks great. DELCIOUS, I'm sure.