It's Almost Halloween, Right?

 Next weekend is Labor Day and I don't know about you but it feels like it's almost Halloween to me.  When you wait all year for Fall to arrive, it feels like the right time of year to start enjoying it.  Plus, we have lucked out and have had wonderful Fall weather.  Perfect!

 Ever since my kids were little, I would always put out a display of Halloween candy to get them in the mood.  This tradition did not end when they moved out of the house. ( I need grandchildren something awful!)

 One of my favorite decorations is this vintage amber glass corn silo.

 Just right for holding candy corn.

 I fill apothecary jars with traditional Halloween treats.

 A virtual candy buffet.

 The girls keep a close eye out for snitchers.

You have to think twice before sticking your hand in one of these bowls with the witches watching. (Not that I'm counting but it's 4 months until Xmas.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
That candy would never get old if I did the same here :-) :-) :-) Looks beautiful!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
Oh yes Halloween is getting closer and closer: I have started reading horror stories. Lovely pictures, I love the witches. Here sadly it is much warmer now than it was a few weeks ago, but leaves have already started changing colours on some trees.
TARYTERRE said…
yum yum. all the candy containers look delightful too.
Valerie said…
I saw my first red leaf on our sunset maple--always gives me a frisson of pure pleasure!
What a perfect grandma you would be!
Gemmagirl said…
You're giving me permission to start my fall decorating. Unfortunately, I'm not crazy about Halloween. I could go from fall to Christmas. You give me inspiration and marvellous ideas.
Unknown said…
What a gorgeous house you have! And I love your thoughtful attention to detail. I read your blog everyday for nesting inspiration and to remind me to stay in the present moment.
Mary Ann said…
I have an amber glass container that I fill with candy corn. I just packed it, I hope I can remember where it is in two weeks!
Sol said…
shhh I am excited about Christmas already!