Duck Eggs

 Winnie thinks the new grass tastes good.

 What do you do when you have an abundance of duck eggs?

 I make crustless quiches for my kids.   I sauteed a bunch of ramps and mushrooms in a bit of butter, added salt and pepper and set them aside to cool.

 A bit blurry but you can see how big the yolks are in these eggs.

 I placed the cooled ramp/mushroom mixture on the bottom of the buttered pie plates and sprinkled them with some shredded fresh mozzarella and some parmesan cheese.  I added some shredded fresh basil too.  Then I sliced some sweet cherry tomatoes and placed them on top.

 I shredded a bit of Double Gloucester over both of them.  These bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes until they no longer jiggle in the middle.

Let them sit for about 10 minutes before slicing.  These can, of course, be made with chicken eggs as well.

Comments

Linda said…
I love eggs. I love cheese. Together, they make a delicious vehicle for other tastes.
High protein deliciousness!
Susan said…
I love duck eggs - especially poached! I was quite broken-hearted to lose two of my three egg-layers in the latest fox attack. I am no only getting one duck egg a day. Maybe Dolly will surprise me and kick into action. I am so loaded with chicken and duck eggs that I've made three quiches and four batches of baked custard!
Leanna said…
Awesome! Can you send me a care package? I'm laid up here.
Aahahaahahaa
Guillaume said…
I really want to try duck eggs. Sounds and looks as fancy as it sounds and looks delicious.
TARYTERRE said…
scrumptious comfort food.
Kay said…
This looks awesome! I didn't even know they sold duck eggs. I don't think I've ever seen them in the stores.
Nancy said…
Looks delicious. I am envious that you can get Double Gloucester as I cannot find it locally anymore. Winnie is just too adorable.