Macaroni Salad

 This is a classic macaroni salad recipe which I just recently started making. I never thought I would replace my old recipe but I've done it.  That's how good this one is. I've made this 3 times since Memorial Day.  First, gather all your ingredients and a puppy.

 Winnie knows there are hard boiled eggs being made.  She loves those little white balls.


Directions:

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 7 minutes . Rinse under cold water and drain.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper, carrot, red pepper and macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.
 This makes 6 quarts but you can easily cut the recipe in half.

 Photo bomb.

 I always make this a day ahead of time.  If it looks a bit dry the next day, just add some milk or buttermilk.

 About a half cup will do it.  Mix it well.

 Tell your sad puppy that she is not allowed to eat macaroni salad.

I always sprinkle the top with celery salt before serving.

Comments

The JR said…
It looks good. Yes, you need a puppy in the kitchen to help cook. Makes it all the more fun.

Happy weekend.
I've been hankering for macaroni salad lately. Maybe I'll cut this recipe in half and give it a go. But where, oh where, am I going to find a puppy?
Anonymous said…
I\m with Debra,, I need that puppy too!!Main ingredient!
Susan said…
I think the puppy makes all the difference. I love a good macaroni salad, but I have been hard-pressed finding a good GF pasta that will hold up well in a salad. I'll keep looking - this sounds delicious.
I do like macaroni salad in all ways I think, perfect for a hot summer or even a cold one that we're having here right now.

I always blame Albin when the dogs don't get anything, I blame all his food allergies :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanna said…
Okay, I have a puppy ready, next ingredient?
AAahahahahahaaahahaaa!!
TARYTERRE said…
great comfort food. did winnie at least get an egg?
PAK said…
You don't mention what to do with the eggs. I suppose you chop them and add them ith the onions and peppers.
Guillaume said…
I just LOVE a good macaroni salad.