Celebrating Fall

 Me too Anne, me too!


 I just saw the extended forecast for our region and they are saying that Fall will take it's time arriving here this year.  Not good news.


 But a girl can dream, can't she?


 I am starting to surround myself with everything Fall.


 Even though it's hot, looking at these things makes me feel cooler.

 As long as the nights eventually cool down and the days become shorter, I will be happy. I am actually making this soup today. (Recipe to follow)


 I am having house guests this Fall and I am preparing already!


 Having a house full of kids and puppies will make it very special indeed.


 I have so many things planned!


 We will have an early Halloween party the likes of which the kids have never experienced.


Maybe I will finally get around to making this cake.

Comments

Linda said…
I love these pictures, especially the last two, the chair and cake.
I normally wish for a late autumn or a rather warm one but now I really wouldn't mind if it arrived, none in sight here either though. Today is cooler, more like a hot summer day than the nasty hot ones we've had for three months :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Brenda said…
My favorite time of year-gorgeous photos
Brenda said…
Lived in Circleville Ohio ten years-home of huge Pumpkin Show-going over this year if not in Florida!!!
Anonymous said…
I see wonderful things in your future for us to see!
Valerie said…
There were several red leaves on my sunset maple--but still 90+ temps, dry and hot. With this fire season, I hope and pray the autumn rains come soon.
Susan said…
I love those socks! I cannot wait for fall - we have a forecast of damp, humid (redundant?) weather for the next who-knows-how-long. I would will it west, if I could. Ooooh, that cake! It's beautiful!
Leanna said…
Did you find these on Pinterest? I recognized a few of them. *heavy sigh* I can't wait for Autumn. If I ever win the lottery I'm moving to a place where Autumn happens all year long. I even wonder if there is such a place.
Guillaume said…
We've got more heatwaves coming here too. Autumn will take it's time. Last year it arrived early and it was like an ideal autumn.
TARYTERRE said…
that cake looks scrumptious.
J.E. Bolton said…
OK, this post has me BEYOND excited about Halloween! Thank you for posting this.
chickpea678 said…
Reading this post really cheered me up. An early Halloween party that the kids have never seen the likes of—that sounds exciting! And that cake, oh my word! You are the best.