Haunted House Part 2





 What can I say, the haunted house totally captured the interest of my visitors!  Happy hands once again played with the old house.

 I might repeat some pics from yesterday but I didn't have the time to sort through all of them.  The Headless Horseman made an appearance.

Branwyn, the house witch , came out to greet him.  She carries a carpet bag filled with candles, a skull, a crystal ball and a frog....just in case!

The Trick or Treaters visited too.







The tables was set for dinner.

 A warning sign.

 The raccoon keeps watch from the roof just in case any leftovers are available down below.

 The shovel sits in the graveyard in case it is needed.

 Sorry for the blur...a leaf rake rests against the fence.

 A skeleton bobs for apples while it looks like someone ended up in the cauldron.  (Click to enlarge any pic)
 Marshmallows are on long forks ready to be toasted.

 The dessert table is set up for a party.


The wallpaper has skeletons all over it.


 A black cat drinks some spilled milk.

 Apparently a witch melted after sweeping up leaves.


An old dead tree has been decorated with spider webs and ghosts.

A long time ago when my kids were small, I wanted them to have a dollhouse to play with.  I bought a Victorian dollhouse kit and when I built it, it looked so horrible that I almost tossed it out.  I did a terrible job and the kit wasn't a very good one.  At some point I stepped back and looked at it and thought....this looks like the house from the movie Psycho.  The light bulb went on and the idea for a haunted house was born.  I used to take this to my kids classrooms each October so their friends could  play with it.  You never worry about anything being broken because, hey, it just adds to the atmosphere.  And all these years later, kids are still fascinated by it.  BTW...there is a button under one of the chairs and when you push it, it plays "The Funeral March".

Comments

Anonymous said…
Now that’s impressive,, amazing how your mind works, a wee bit scary lol but wow,,
Unknown said…
This is absolutely incredible- every detail of it just makes me want to sit and play with it all day long!! How it awakens the imagination and makes me long for Autumn to never end!!! Your creativity knows no boundaries!
Valerie said…
Absolutely fabulous!
Such meticulous attention to detail!
Susan said…
The heck with the kids - I want to play with it! I never was very interested in doll houses because they were so dull. This, however, is the thing of kids' dreams!
It's so cool!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Linda said…
This is incredible! And, to think, I have a Christmas Village house ready to spray paint black--not so exciting now. Did you make any of the pieces? When I took things to school, the kids in the room remembered it forever, so I am sure hundreds of kids talk about this one cool mom. Even my grandchildren are too old to take this to classroom, but I could make something and just enjoy it myself. You are amazingly creative. Plus, I like the way your mind works in weird and wonderful ways.
Leanna said…
Very impressive. You do great work.
Rain said…
You are awesome Joyce!!! :) I just saw part 1 and part 2 of this post and I'm so glad I found some time to read blogs today! Such talent! Now you know I want to make one too lol! :)
bobbie said…
Again, I love all your details!
Guillaume said…
This is oh so great! I want one like this for my son. It is my kind of doll house and I think there’s a few stories to write about it. It reminds me of the haunted houses we draw my brothers and I when we were kids.
1st Man said…
I'm a 53 year old man and I think I could spend hours "exploring" this! Incredible!!
chickpea678 said…
Just incredible. Speechless.
Cynthia said…
Your haunted house is wonderful!!!