A Dinner for My Guests

 It's been a really busy few days as I prepared as much in advance as I could for my families visit.






I made them a meat and cheese platter and put it in their refrigerator to snack on while they are here.




And I baked another apple caramel pie for dessert served with ice cream.


 My great nephew loves these beef and mashed potato parfaits.  I made them for them when they were visiting this summer and I knew they would enjoy  having them again.  They were very happy to see them.  I made them mac and cheese too because it is another one of their favorites.


 We had a harvest salad with both balsamic dressing or poppy seed dressing.  Most everyone ate it with both.


 My husband had to hold the poor starving puppies back so we could all get in and out of the house without the pups attacking the food table.  It's such a shame that no one feeds these little beasts.  They are so deprived and neglected.


 Everyone dug right in.

 The puppies were so happy to see the kids and the kids couldn't believe how much they have grown.  These two are such dog lovers.

The puppies batteries eventually wore out. The kids batteries never did.

I was up early this morning and cooking again.  This is like preparing three parties in three days with breakfast and lunch thrown in too.  I love it!

Comments

Linda said…
I love your salad hands! Poor starving pups that I know never get fed. The food looks so abundant. I love your displays.
Anonymous said…
Everything looks perfect your hard work looks much appreciated,
Mary said…
That salad looks scrumptious, not a meat eater here. I know my cats are only fed occasionally, or at least that's how they act. They don't beg or anything that overt, they just stare at you! Creepy they do it telepathically and it works too.
Leanna said…
Oh, that spread! My mouth was watering just looking at it. Those poor puppies. I'm betting they had a field day with the kids. I'm also betting the kids loved the autumn decorations.
TARYTERRE said…
those meat and cheese platters look scrumptious along with everything else. the pups would chow down if you let them. so cute.
So much delicious food and I'm so far away :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Everything looks so delicious! And love those skelly hand salad servers!
Rain said…
Joyce...your table...that food!!! Wow! The cheese plate looks great, you have such a flair for food presentation! Poor starving pups...I know, same deal here... lol!!! After looking at the photos, I got jealous of the kids in their SHORTS...I know you will disagree! :)
chickpea678 said…
You sure know how to spoil guests!