Willie is on the Mend


 My poor Boo Bear is a bit beat up.  He was neutered on Thursday and at the same time they performed surgery on his eye.  You can see that his right eye is a little wonky. Having two dogs makes this tricky.  Winnie wants to play with him and she plays rough. I also don't like using the big plastic cones and use this neck pillow instead.

Both of these factors mean that Willie is spending a lot of time in his kennel with me watching that he doesn't scratch his eye.  Winnie sits in front of it pawing the bars and crying. Oh well, just 10 more days to go.  I might kill myself!

 Plus, I have to get started on Thanksgiving and this has really thrown a wrench in the works.  I did manage to make trick or treat bags over the weekend. I filled my two huge baskets.

 And a very large box.


I have about 175 bags and I bet I will run out.

Comments

Poor Willie. He will get better every day and it won’t be long till Winnie has her best friend back.

We get over a hundred children for Halloween. I used to make special packages for them all, but now just dump bags of candy into a bowl and let the kids have at them. Your neighborhood children are very fortunate to have such a nice and caring person’s house to visit for Trick or Treat.
Anonymous said…
That neck pillow was a brilliant idea!
Leanna said…
Awwww, poor little dude. Hope he mends fast. Poor little Winnie needs her ruff and tough friend to play with her. Oh, my!! All those treats. Lucky little treaters. Where were you when I was a kid?
Susan said…
I bet you are on a list for THE places to go on Halloween! I bet you are on the top of that list. Poor little bear cub. I hope he mends quickly so that you all don't lose your collective minds.
Guillaume said…
I'm very glad he's on the mend. And I wish I was able to greet trick or treaters with as much class and decorum as you do.
1st Man said…
Poor little guy!!! He'll get there. And he will have the best care ever along the way.

If I lived closer, I'd dress up in costume just to come trick or treating at your house! ;-)

TARYTERRE said…
poor little fella. hope he'll be on the mend soon.
Rain said…
Hi Joyce :) Oh...poor little Willie...10 more days huh? eek...you'll make it!!! I don't know if Winnie will though! Look at those treat bags!! The only treats around here are for me and Alex!! Kids don't trick or treat in this area, they all get bussed to the church and have a Halloween party. That's okay, more junk for us lol...I think I will gain a good 5 pounds in the next few days!!! :)