Thanksgiving Desserts


I might be too organized this year if that is possible. I find that I have too much time on my hands when I should be a lot busier.  It's weird, I don't feel pressured.  Maybe it will kick in later.  Yesterday I made more desserts. I made Kentucky Derby Pies.

 These are one crust pies and are very easy to make.  I placed my pie crust in a pie pan and crimped the edges and then chilled the crust while I prepared the filling.


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter melted
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla ext.
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 frozen pie crust
Instructions
  1. Mix butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
  2. Add salt and flour, and mix well.
  3. Fold in pecans and chips.
  4. Pour mixture into pie crust and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
  5. Let cool for 1-2 hours before slicing.
 Some people add bourbon to this, I did that last year but this year I have other boozy desserts so I did not add it to these.

 Two pies checked off the list, four more to go.






I made my cranberry cornmeal cake.





And since I had extra time, I made a coconut cake.  This is a very dense moist cake much like my Kentucky butter cake.




My dining room table is filling up with desserts. Everything has to be moved to the guest house for the feast.




All of this cooking is really taking it out of the pups.  Winnie is regressing and has moved back to her puppy bed.  It's like trying to fit into your skinny jeans.

And here is my little Willie loaf of bread risings under a damp towel.  He actually just returned from a long walk in the rain and we were drying him off.  He feel to sleep and laid like this for quite a while. Makes it a bit tough to use the sink. Today I am roasting 43 pounds of turkey, slicing it and placing it in the flavorful broth I made from the turkey breast I roasted a while back. It will be reheated and placed on the buffet on Thursday.

Comments

Those invited to your Thanksgiving feast are the luckiest people in the world.
Desserts to die for :-)

Have a great day!
¨
Christer.
Leanna said…
You are simply amazing, woman. Poor little Willie. Yesterday David let Spunky outside and when he came back in he was filthy. He had been digging in the garden. David gave him a bath in the kitchen sink and dried him off. We fed him dinner early and he went right to sleep just like a little child after a warm bath on a cold day. Poor old man. I bet that warm bath felt fantastic on his old joints.
sheravery said…
Damn, drat and phooey! I'm certain that my invitation to Thanksgiving dinner got lost in the mail. I'm going to need directions to your house, and I'll show up with bells on!!
I think I've gained weight just READING your last few posts. It all looks/sounds beyond delicious! Have a wonderful holiday!!
Guillaume said…
Yummy, yummy desserts.
Amanda said…
I made a derby pie for our thanksgiving dinner tonight, i am always looking for an alternative to pumpkin. It smelled amazing in the oven; thank you for the recipe!
TARYTERRE said…
sounds like you're good to go. delicious desserts. cute pup.